WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Cant Get Carbonite to Install (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22174)

smolo82 04-15-09 05:08 PM

Cant Get Carbonite to Install

Well i found my directory. I extracted
Carbonite
CarboniteNodes
CarboniteTransfer
CarboniteLicenseAgreement.doc
CarboniteReadMe.doc

Into the Addon place. This was done while WoW was closed. After putting these files in (nothing old was there) i started WoW and Carbonite wont work. Is there something I am missing?

This is the one I am using to extract from Carbonite-3.001.

Thnx.

PDX-Mike 04-15-09 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smolo82 (Post 126883)
Well i found my directory. I extracted
Carbonite
CarboniteNodes
CarboniteTransfer
CarboniteReadMe.doc

Into the Addon place. This was done while WoW was closed. After putting these files in (nothing old was there) i started WoW and Carbonite wont work. Is there something I am missing?

This is the one I am using to extract from Carbonite-3.001.

Thnx.

First make sure you don't have two ../addons directories... and that the carbonite directories are in the same addons folder as the Blizzard_*.* directories... (I've seen this a few times...two addon directories..and addons are going to the wrong one...)

Next, did you enable the carbonite addons from the character selection screen? This is the screen that comes up right after you enter your account password and hit enter. The addons button is in the lowere left hand corner...

Until the authors update and release a newer version (newer than 3.001) you will have to check the "Load out of date AddOns" box at the top of the AddOn List... and also check the Carbonite 3.001, Carbonite Nodes, and Carbonite Transfer boxes...

KurtS 04-15-09 06:16 PM

I've got the same problem. It's in the proper directory, I deleted the old version first before installing 3.001, made sure there are checkmarks next to to Carbonite pluggins(even though it says they are outdated),. I've done everything to the letter but it still won't work.

Jezzabel 04-15-09 06:47 PM

may be .... remove the .lua in your savedvariable folder (copy it to another folder to keep it if you want and then clear your savedvariable folder clean of any carbonite.lua

KurtS 04-15-09 07:14 PM

Unfortunately that didn't work. :mad:

Vis 04-15-09 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtS (Post 126907)
made sure there are checkmarks next to to Carbonite pluggins(even though it says they are outdated),. I've done everything to the letter but it still won't work.

Did you make sure on the addon screen to check off "load out of date" ? Usually you don't see that they are out of date unless that box is not checked.

KurtS 04-15-09 07:42 PM

Doh! That did the trick. Thank you Vis.

Bëowülf 04-15-09 10:23 PM

i gave a donation and was not able to dl carbonite.. how the hell does that work!?

Vis 04-15-09 10:31 PM

Have you checked here yet : http://www.wowinterface.com/download...arbonite.html?

Andrizovic 04-16-09 12:01 AM

Please help me.

Normally i download carbonite via curseclient. Now it dont works.

So i downloaded carbonite from the official site and i recieved this:

Carbonite
CarboniteNodes
CarboniteTransfer
CarboniteReadMe.doc

So i go to program files --> World of Warcraft --> Addons --> and i put this 5 maps in it.

I start wow and i dont see it in the list of addons. i disabled out of date but dont see it.

Please help me cause carbonite is the best addon i ever had :'(

Seerah 04-16-09 12:08 AM

Have a look at this sticky thread for information on how to install your addons and some common mistakes when installing: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14762

Andrizovic 04-16-09 12:25 AM

Ty seerah!!

But now i have a problem, i want my mini map of wow back

Vis 04-16-09 12:27 AM

That's a very common one, you should be able to go into the Carbonite options, and be able to uncheck a box that says something to the effect of "put Blizz minimap into Carbonite map" that will give you your map back after a UI reload :)

Andrizovic 04-16-09 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vis (Post 127118)
That's a very common one, you should be able to go into the Carbonite options, and be able to uncheck a box that says something to the effect of "put Blizz minimap into Carbonite map" that will give you your map back after a UI reload :)

Yes, i do that.
I reload and then they asked me, put minimip into carbonite, i do no, nothing happened

ellzie 04-16-09 05:04 AM

I feel so absolutely hopeless. I've done everything (or so I thought) down exactly as told (except for the minor difference between the walkthrough and the fact that I have Winrar, which simply just has different phrasing.)

I've checked the Load Out of Date Addons button in the character screen.

I removed the .lua.

I've determined for sure there's only ONE WoW folder.

I, of course, have vista. (Boo hiss boo. That doesn't deserve capitalization.)

I must be forgetting something stupid D:

here's how i have it saved: sorry if that's a little big x_X

carboniteaddon 04-16-09 05:20 AM

Short Answer:

About 6 months ago Blizzard changed the Vista default to "C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns"

Check that location.

Long Answer:

99% of the time if the addon won't work (does not show in game) or still shows an old version, it is because it was unzipped to the wrong folder.

By default the game on XP and Vista was installed to "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns"
About 6 months ago Blizzard changed the Vista default to "C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns"

Look at the shortcut (right click and select properties) you use to launch Warcraft to get the path to where it is installed.
So if the shortcut Target: says "ABC\World of Warcraft\Launcher.exe", then your addon path is
"ABC\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns".

In the file paths, you need to replace ABC with the actual location!

You copy or extract the files in the zip file to the Addons folder.

You should have the 3 folders like this:

World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\CarboniteNodes
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\CarboniteTransfer

Installation page is here:
http://www.carboniteaddon.com/installation.aspx

Wickedskater 04-16-09 08:27 AM

Thank you. for the update

KillerLotus 04-16-09 09:00 AM

quick question.. ive used carbonite before and some other addons.. since the patch all the addons work but my chat window is white and when i type it wont show up. i fixed it before but cant remember.. anyone know how to fix it?

Spectro 04-16-09 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerLotus (Post 127385)
quick question.. ive used carbonite before and some other addons.. since the patch all the addons work but my chat window is white and when i type it wont show up. i fixed it before but cant remember.. anyone know how to fix it?

If you have an addon that modifies your chat window then you should disable it and it should be fixed.

tehadam 04-16-09 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon (Post 127252)
Short Answer:

Check that location.

Long Answer:

99% of the time if the addon won't work (does not show in game) or still shows an old version, it is because it was unzipped to the wrong folder.

By default the game on XP and Vista was installed to "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns"

Look at the shortcut (right click and select properties) you use to launch Warcraft to get the path to where it is installed.
So if the shortcut Target: says "ABC\World of Warcraft\Launcher.exe", then your addon path is
"ABC\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns".

In the file paths, you need to replace ABC with the actual location!

You copy or extract the files in the zip file to the Addons folder.

You should have the 3 folders like this:

World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\CarboniteNodes
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\CarboniteTransfer

Installation page is here:
http://www.carboniteaddon.com/installation.aspx

This fixed mine, for some reason I have a WoW folder inside my Nvidia folder, and that's where I had to put it >.>