WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Winter is Coming UI (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5268)

Theon 06-27-06 03:22 AM

Winter is Coming UI

The offical Winter is Coming thread, post bug reports, feature requests and things like that here please.

Theon 06-27-06 03:29 AM

Just thought I should mention that the actuall UI is here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=5100
:)

Knortzsch 06-27-06 03:54 AM

are u the person who made it? :confused: :D

Theon 06-27-06 05:56 AM

I made the UI aye :p

Not the addons for it, the ones that are used to create the UI - but I made the backround arts etc :S

Loppylu 06-28-06 11:15 AM

Bug

Well, I thought everything looked nice, until I tried some of the commands;
/dfm - Does not work
/cdt - Does not work
/ttst - Does work
/ftab - Does not work

;o please reply asap, 'cause I liked the UI :)

Theon 06-29-06 12:54 AM

Did you make sure the load out of date addons options is on?

Seeder 07-02-06 02:37 PM

HI all i have a little question my interface is a little bit different to the one on the screenshot....

how can i change the color'S of the carater interface (in my it is red...)

and how can ichange the UI (where the map and skills etc (lower position) on scrren)

to the cool layout shown on the screenshot????

greetings seeder

Seeder 07-02-06 03:42 PM

how can i make my bar visible???

Theon 07-03-06 03:08 AM

To seeder: Judging from the screen shot, you have either the screen resolution set wrong, if you hit esc and then go to the video options, the resolution should be 1280x1024 and the UI scaler at minimum, and - do you have discord action bars enabled at all?

On a sidenote, I hope to have version 0.2 out soon.

Seeder 07-03-06 03:42 AM

ahm where can i edit the size etc?

in /dfm i haven't anything

Theon 07-03-06 04:35 AM

well, if you open the usual game menu, and from there enter the video options, you can set the UI scaling there.

Seeder 07-03-06 05:06 AM

thanks i'Ve done it^^

klkl 07-03-06 03:32 PM

could you release a unit frames addon only? that artwork is solid.

Chardogg03 07-08-06 01:07 PM

I'd first like to say that I absolutely love this UI, you and your friends did an excellent job.

Is there anyway you can show an xp bar?

Why is it that the original casting bar is showing up for my Warrior but not for my Mage?
- I can see the original casting bar behind the minimap on the bottom.

Quests with timers, what frame should I edit so that I can see that again?
- I can see the frame in the lowest part of the screen.

Theon 07-10-06 12:10 PM

I have been awile for about a week, and as to get some replies, I'l do that now.

@klkl:

If you just wan't the unit frames, just download the usual package to the desktop, but instead of installing all of it just copy the discord unit frames folder into the addons folder. And the discord unit frames.lua file from the wtf7account/youraccountname/savedvariables to the same place at you'r wow folder.

@Chardogg03:

The custom casting bar is the addon eCastingbar, I would recomend you to firstly check if it is enabled for the mage, and if it is go to the options with /ecb - there is an option to hide the default casting bar I belive.

I hope that I will get 0.2 out before I go sailing, both quest tracking and quest timers should be moved by then (if you arn't patient enough, the correct frame should be under the *quests* header in discord frame modifier's list. You can also use the frame finder function of dfm to find it's name)

Theon 07-14-06 04:58 PM

Well, going away sailing now - so close to getting 0.2 out too, only thing im not happy with about goin sailing.

I will be back around sat7sun next week.

Theon 07-25-06 09:06 AM

0.2 is out, enjoy.

Zamian 07-27-06 04:49 AM

Odd Bug

After tweaking out the UI to my taste and liking.... Oh and btw Nice job. Had to readjust the Colour of the Hud was kinda hard for me to see Targets Health / Mana in certain areas.

I have encountered a reather Odd bug.. when I am being attacked first.. when im not engaged in combat I hear a "Ding" Like your at the Auctionhouse "Ding" its annoying and do not know how to correct this.

At first I thought it was the Topfu record keeping addon that wasnt it.

Any help would be appreciated thanks..
Hopefully its something incredibly obvious I have overlooked and its easy to turn off.

I can turn it off with sound effects but thats lame.

ihr 07-27-06 06:14 AM

you modify the size by if you hit esc than go on video setting. This is all part of blizzards work btw. The you make sure the box called ui scale is on then put the scale to its smallest. As i remember it it was to the left that you want the cursor thing to be.

sorry if you dont really understand this im really bad at explaining things ^^ :)

Theon 07-27-06 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zamian
After tweaking out the UI to my taste and liking.... Oh and btw Nice job. Had to readjust the Colour of the Hud was kinda hard for me to see Targets Health / Mana in certain areas.

I have encountered a reather Odd bug.. when I am being attacked first.. when im not engaged in combat I hear a "Ding" Like your at the Auctionhouse "Ding" its annoying and do not know how to correct this.

At first I thought it was the Topfu record keeping addon that wasnt it.

Any help would be appreciated thanks..
Hopefully its something incredibly obvious I have overlooked and its easy to turn off.

I can turn it off with sound effects but thats lame.

Im pretty sure it is the easy raid function: warn when I get aggro, go to the raid screen, next to the close window button there's a + button, that brings up the options for easyraid. To turn it off, the option should be under the mislancelous tab in the easyraid options.

Theon 08-04-06 04:37 PM

Leaving for menorca tommorow, will be back to check eventual bug reports the 12th-13th august.

- Theon

AWilmore 08-09-06 06:43 PM

quick question, how do you turn off auto cast on self?

Theon 08-13-06 02:11 AM

Well, I'm back now - to turn of self cast simply turn of the addon SuperSelfCast

AWilmore 08-13-06 09:08 AM

DOH im an idiot, thanks :-)
great ui btw i love it! ;)

Diurnos 08-14-06 09:32 AM

Hey i like the UI a lot but ive noticed that my minimap disapeared somehow :D, and after i reloaded the UI it was back again.

I have no clue how i got it to disapear so if i know more on that ill tell you.

qwergy 08-14-06 01:33 PM

How do i move the minimap?

How do i move the minimap :p

Diurnos 08-14-06 04:05 PM

read the guide :P.

open de discort frame menu (/dfm if i remember correctly :D)
and load the winter is coming profile.

Its in the installation guide :).

Friea 08-27-06 12:56 AM

i have a probelm i got eveyrhting going great but there are little letters like Np-1 on my spells how do i get that off?

Friea 08-27-06 01:00 AM

oh yeah and how do i get those stupid time stamps off?

Friea 08-27-06 01:16 PM

im getting a error mesage when i join raids for easy raid and the error wont go away

Theon 08-28-06 06:29 AM

Friea, to turn off timestamps do /ts off, the np1 text on buttons are my keybindings, change that in /dab. And easyraid is out of date, this package ain't been updated for 1.12 yet - but I will most likely be putting it up today.

- Theon

Mostrarskegg 08-28-06 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diurnos
read the guide :P.

open de discort frame menu (/dfm if i remember correctly :D)
and load the winter is coming profile.

Its in the installation guide :).

My map won't move even though I've done this.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

-=/>Mostr

Theon 08-29-06 07:53 AM

AIn't really got any idea due to why it might not move, you can always try doing /dfm, look up minimap cluster in the scroll menu, then use the frame locator to move it to the correct position, and oh - on a sidenote, do you use any other Minimap Addons?

Hakeem Skyhook 08-29-06 08:25 PM

Colors

ummm I am kinda new at this so dont be mean :(
I cant get anything to look like the the screenshot...
the player frame is red and the bottom part looks the same as the default wow interface
if you could reply to me I would apreciate it greatly

Sincerly
Hakeem Skyhook :D

Theon 08-30-06 08:02 AM

When you load the game, at the character selection screen, there is an addons button in the bottomleft corner, if you click it, a window pops up - in the top right corner there's a button named *load out of date addons* My guess, is that that button is unchecked - if you check it all should be ok :)

- Theon

Hakeem Skyhook 08-30-06 04:15 PM

hello again I dont know how to load winter is coming I go down to the pull down bar and it only has 2 options custom and default I am so confused

sincerly Hakeem Skyhook

Diurnos 08-30-06 11:15 PM

to load the action bars like on theons screenshot type:

/dab
go to options
select winter is coming sexy bars (or something not exactly sure on its name)

and you are done :)

Theon 08-31-06 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diurnos
to load the action bars like on theons screenshot type:

/dab
go to options
select winter is coming sexy bars (or something not exactly sure on its name)

and you are done :)

Nice noticing that of you, had made a special layout for my keybindings (some people tend to dislike it for some reasons o:) Butr forgot to set the default to the same one as that.

So for now, you will have to load the Winter is coming theons funky keybindings version or somesuch.

Friea 08-31-06 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theon
Friea, to turn off timestamps do /ts off, the np1 text on buttons are my keybindings, change that in /dab. And easyraid is out of date, this package ain't been updated for 1.12 yet - but I will most likely be putting it up today.

- Theon

thanks for the help =D fantastic ui btw ^.^

digitalus 08-31-06 08:14 AM

Just wanted to say that I love the UI! I made some slight changes to the unit frames and replaced the included HUD with IceHUD, but other than that I didn't feel the need to alter much. Really solid design. Just plugged in my must-have mods (Decursive and Cryolysis) and I was ready to roll!

I like your keybindings. I had to change a few of them since I'm using a split-key keyboard, but I like the layout.

One little spelling bug: "proffesions" should be "professions." Don't hurt me :o

Very nice work.

Oh, quick question: do you find it easier to click consumables or hotkey 'em? I'm trying to decide what's best for potion use in combat using your setup. I'm an alchemist, so I have lots.

Theon 08-31-06 10:27 AM

IceHUD sounds like something that might fit with the UI, I'l have to check that one out.

Personally I love using the numpad in raids, got all my moves in one place at the keyboard :)

And oops, will have to correct the typo in the next version ;)

And keybindings for potions, I used to use shift+numpad 0 for major healing ones, but if you ain't got numpad on it will use potion so I stopped doing that, when I do actually have had bothered to get thistle teas I use shift+numpad -

~RIP~Knuckles 09-03-06 08:15 AM

Hay mate nice ui never seen one better was funny at first had to get used to the sizes of the UI buttons now but now youve made it so that i cant live without it :) was just checking out the new version screenie looks different im a priest in game so the drathals hud isnt very good for me

Yeh im a simpleton had to reset the keybindings also lol

Cool anyway keep up the good work i wonder wether is it possible for you to give me a list of the updated addons for 0.3 so i can keep the layout of the original raid screen because that is the one that got me into wanting this ui

Theon 09-03-06 08:57 AM

So you wan't the bottom layout of 0.3 and the raid frames of 0.2/0.1?

Simple, download Easyraid and delete perfect raid, ought to give you the old raid frames but the new bottom layout.

techsgtchen 09-03-06 11:42 PM

It took me a few hours but I figured out how to install it and get it working close enough to the screenshots. I just wanted to thank you for all your work. I really like how it works.

Comment #1: I would suggest coming up with two or three more sizes people can work from. I have no idea how hard this would be but not everyone has big screens.

Comment #2: The map part of it is a real bugger. The problem is with using other mods as well that happen to attatch themselves to the minimap. Unfortuantely not everything is _Blank_Fu :D

Comment #3: I noticed the [ecasting] was missing in the .3 version. Or at least it was mentioned in the installation guide but not present in the zip.

Question #1 Does the oRA work with others having CTRA?

Theon 09-03-06 11:53 PM

THe problem with the resolution, is that the one in the package is the largest size I can use with my Screen, so I can't make larger resolutions, I might make a resolution for 1024xwhatever though, that depends on if I get the free time required soon >.<

Yes, the raid addons are fully compatible with ctra.

Death on2wheelz 09-04-06 06:51 AM

Hello..

I am very very new to this modding thing, and indeed to WoW.

I unrar'd this to my desktop, moved them into my WoW directory. Yet when i log onto my account, i still have the original WoW interface over this one.. also, /dfm didn't work.. (load out of date bla is selected).

Could do with some help, as i really want to use this UI, but will need it explaining in laymans terms ;)

Thanks. :)

Theon 09-04-06 07:06 AM

after Unraring the contents of the package to the desktop, you will have a folder called winter is Coming, inside there's 2 folders called Interface and WTF (and a readme)

Copy the Interface and WTF folder into the wow directory, so it will be C:\Programs\WoW\Interface
C:\Programs\WoW\WTF

then read the readme included and follow the steps in it, that should ensure a good installation.

Death on2wheelz 09-04-06 07:13 AM

Quote:

after Unraring the contents of the package to the desktop, you will have a folder called winter is Coming, inside there's 2 folders called Interface and WTF (and a readme)

Copy the Interface and WTF folder into the wow directory, so it will be C:\Programs\WoW\Interface
C:\Programs\WoW\WTF

then read the readme included and follow the steps in it, that should ensure a good installation.

kk, i did the first part then run out of time ;O)

loaded it into the wow directory, and i have the original game interface layered over the your one. Do i disable this later in the process??

Theon 09-04-06 07:36 AM

do a /dab and load the Winter is coming theons funky keybindings version, you should get the correct bar layout then.

Death on2wheelz 09-04-06 08:02 AM

by do a /dab

do you mean in game type /dab (like /inv theon)

Sorry for n00b questions, but i am, well, a noob ;O)

Theon 09-04-06 08:28 AM

Aye, do /dab ingame as you would do an invite.

(the load profile part is under the misc options in the dab menu, by the way)

Death on2wheelz 09-04-06 08:45 AM

cool... i will try it tonight when i get home.. thanks.. :)

uglifull 09-04-06 01:51 PM

NitPicking

1 Attachment(s)
I'm nitpicking parts and bits of compliation UIs for my own personal Ui. I was wondering what the name of the addon that puts there circular bars around my character? I really like this look.

techsgtchen 09-04-06 09:06 PM

I don't know what mod is doing this but whenever I tried to reset my talents it went right past the dialogue and opened up the menu where you buy spells. I tried to bind myself at an innkeeper and it went right past the dialogue again and showed the buy screen.

[edit] through a process of elimination I found that it was the chat box mod. which I imagine is someone else's programing. lol [/edit]

digitalus 09-04-06 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techsgtchen
I don't know what mod is doing this but whenever I tried to reset my talents it went right past the dialogue and opened up the menu where you buy spells. I tried to bind myself at an innkeeper and it went right past the dialogue again and showed the buy screen.

[edit] through a process of elimination I found that it was the chat box mod. which I imagine is someone else's programing. lol [/edit]

Try holding the CTRL key when you talk to the Innkeeper. This should bypass the "skip gossip" routine -- at least, it does for me ;)

digitalus 09-05-06 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uglifull
I'm nitpicking parts and bits of compliation UIs for my own personal Ui. I was wondering what the name of the addon that puts there circular bars around my character? I really like this look.

I think that's Nurfed HUD (not sure which texture it's using, since I'm using IceHUD in its place).

Death on2wheelz 09-05-06 01:00 AM

Well i was up til 0030 trying to get this sorted (hate being new to things)

I got a fair bit done, but when ever i stopped editing the chat box 1 window, it would move back to the original location, also, how do i get the portrait of my player/target to appear larger in the window, looks very small...

Also, i could not get the map zoom in/out buttons to display, nor the chat window up/down buttons to display either.

Could really do with some help guys, cos as i said, i am very new at this, and this is the first time i have tried it.

Theon 09-05-06 01:33 AM

Aye, hold ctrl to skip the by passing of certain windows (or you can turn it of in chatbox's options in /cb)

The hud is indeed a Nurfed HUD custom layout, it's called the Second HUD and can be found at the www.nurfed.com forum

The chat up and down buttons don't show cause I don't wan't em, I use the scroller on the mouse to scroll the chat instead.

To make the player target larger, do /adapt square.

The chatbox one moving is very weird, do you have installed any addons after downloading the package?

The minimap buttons, are also hidden 'cause I don't use em - have my minimap at max zoom out at all times, but if you really wan't to show them you can do /dfm and scroll down the menu at the left of it, untill you find MinimapZoominbutton/zoomoutbutton and uncheck force hide on them, this will cuase the UI to reload, but when it's done the buttons will show.

Death on2wheelz 09-05-06 02:44 AM

Quote:

Aye, hold ctrl to skip the by passing of certain windows (or you can turn it of in chatbox's options in /cb)

The hud is indeed a Nurfed HUD custom layout, it's called the Second HUD and can be found at the www.nurfed.com forum

The chat up and down buttons don't show cause I don't wan't em, I use the scroller on the mouse to scroll the chat instead.

To make the player target larger, do /adapt square.

The chatbox one moving is very weird, do you have installed any addons after downloading the package?

The minimap buttons, are also hidden 'cause I don't use em - have my minimap at max zoom out at all times, but if you really wan't to show them you can do /dfm and scroll down the menu at the left of it, untill you find MinimapZoominbutton/zoomoutbutton and uncheck force hide on them, this will cuase the UI to reload, but when it's done the buttons will show.

I tried unticking the force hide button, but did not work...also tried clicking 'show' which worked till the UI reloaded... (this did not work for the chat window navigate buttons..)

Would having titan panel installed cause me problems? I had it before the install.

Also, what do you mean Hold ctrl to skip by-passing of certain windows?

Also, how do i get the character portraits to fill the little boxes like the ones in your screen shots?

~RIP~Knuckles 09-05-06 04:21 AM

Quote:

So you wan't the bottom layout of 0.3 and the raid frames of 0.2/0.1?

Simple, download Easyraid and delete perfect raid, ought to give you the old raid frames but the new bottom layout.

Does the entire guild have to have easy raid so that you can set the Main Tank bar or do you just have to be a raid leader? only 55 at the minute so i just wondered