WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Who is casting a heal on me, when is it done casting?. (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40890)

zoktar 07-17-11 03:15 PM

Who is casting a heal on me, when is it done casting?.

So yeah im playing a dk tank in heroic enviroment firelands. I always aim for maximum potential in whatever im playing, and i feel i need to know when someone is casting a heal on me, who it is, what heal spell(and preferably a guessed amount of what it will heal), and when it is done, so basicly during a raid encounter id have 2-3 extra castbars popup showing players name, spellname, and casting duration, hots can be observed with icons, and instant heals are shown in scrolling combat already, so last thing i need is this, to be able to make smart moves with my self healing.

Theres no point pushing vamp blood, rune tap, deathpact if a 2 divine lights are going to hit me in 0.1 seconds. Some tell me that would result in way to many castbars popping up but i dissagree, in 25mans u usally bring 6-8 healers, and ur rarely assigned more than 2-3 healers per tank, so that would mean 3 extra castbars on screen, no big deal, and a huge advantage to maximizing your survival and conserving cooldowns.

i searched forums, websites and such, but no avail. Anyone know off an addon that can do this?, preferably minimal and or low resource usage.

cheers for any help.

/zok

Tadedra 07-18-11 06:48 AM

I thought Visual Heal (on Curse.com) did that in a way. The bar can appear when you are getting healed and then it shows the expected heal amount (to help avoid over healing). I'm not in a location to verify it though. I'm almost positive it told me who was casting the heal but I'm not sure about the showing of the spell though.

zoktar 07-25-11 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadedra (Post 241724)
I thought Visual Heal (on Curse.com) did that in a way. The bar can appear when you are getting healed and then it shows the expected heal amount (to help avoid over healing). I'm not in a location to verify it though. I'm almost positive it told me who was casting the heal but I'm not sure about the showing of the spell though.

it will show you your incoming clump sum heal visually with a bar representing your health, showing how much of that bar it will heal or overheal at some point in time, nonspecific.

For my purposes i need more information. When is the next direct heal done casting, is it a big or small heal, how many are casting direct heals on me. Is any of the direct heals being cast one me cancelled?. You need this information to maximize your tanking performance as a blood tank, since much of blood tanking comes from selfheal.

Seerah 07-25-11 04:43 PM

Question is... how long does it take to process all of that information?

zoktar 07-25-11 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 242247)
Question is... how long does it take to process all of that information?

not not as bad as it sounds, usually you wont have more than 3 ppl casting direct heals on you at any given moment, that would be 3 cast bars. With cast icon and the bar as a timer, you could skip caster name not really that important. You could make these miniscule, having real little impact on ui, or awareness. And still have an idea of how much heal its gonna give, and when. Acually you could just have an icon with a countdown timer, icon beeing the specific heal in question. Like a reverse HoT tracking.