WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite: General Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Unzipping advice (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55649)

Bboy1948 08-16-17 06:02 PM

Unzipping advice
 
In my addon folder I have Carbonite, Carbonite.Quests & Carbonite.Social folders ... I dl GitHub Master ... how do I proceed with the unzipping?

Sorry if this is posted somewhere ... didn't see a relative thread title ... he** at 69 yo lucky to still enjoy WOW, D3 etc. ;)

jeffy162 08-16-17 08:00 PM

If you are a Windows user, you should have a built-in zip utility. Just unzip the file and copy it to where your addons are located in your WoW folder.

ircdirk 08-16-17 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bboy1948 (Post 324665)
In my addon folder I have Carbonite, Carbonite.Quests & Carbonite.Social folders ... I dl GitHub Master ... how do I proceed with the unzipping?

Sorry if this is posted somewhere ... didn't see a relative thread title ... he** at 69 yo lucky to still enjoy WOW, D3 etc. ;)

Better use Twitch/Curse app and select Alpha updates under Carbonite and its modules.

Bboy1948 08-17-17 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy162 (Post 324668)
If you are a Windows user, you should have a built-in zip utility. Just unzip the file and copy it to where your addons are located in your WoW folder.

Thanks for posting.

Yes, I have W10 and know how to unzip ... my question was relative to "do I just leave those existing folders in there?" And ... Do I unzip the whole folder I downloaded ... or just the contents into one of the existing folders ... or separate from those folders?

Bboy1948 08-17-17 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ircdirk (Post 324669)
Better use Twitch/Curse app and select Alpha updates under Carbonite and its modules.

I have Twitch ... Did not see an Alpha selection.

Problem is my Quest module only works for some things ... sometimes not at all ... map & minimap issues, too.

I think I saw a thread somewhere here that listed conflicting addons ... I will check that out and/or just start disabling other addons (even though night b4 last eve4rything worked fine.

Bboy1948 08-17-17 11:35 PM

Got everything working (not sure how) ... only annoying thing is what looks like a magnifying glass over part of the minimap & map. I'm sure it's a setting somewhere ... anyone know where?

TIA

Bboy1948 08-20-17 06:48 AM

Atlas addons do not mesh w/Carbonite ... removed them and I'm fine now. Hope that helps anyone else having issues.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:05 PM.

vBulletin © 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
© 2004 - 2019 MMOUI