WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cladhaire's Mods (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Custom macros for Clique (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7119)

Cladhaire 12-05-06 07:23 AM

Custom macros for Clique

Please use this thread to discuss any custom macros you are using for Clique.

Leland 12-12-06 03:13 PM

I have been trying to setup a custom macro to cast Nature's Swiftness then Healing Touch when I alt-left click on a frame in Grid. The macro I am trying goes something like this:

/cast Nature's Swiftness
/stopcasting
/cast [target=mouseover] Healing Touch

Whenever I try the keybinding, the macro fires, but the heal lands on me instead of the player for the frame I am clicking. I have made sure to disable the Blizzard auto self-cast, and even changed the self-cast key binding from alt to ctrl, but I don't think it made any difference.

Are other people using this same macro and it's working, or did I get the macro wrong?

evilenvy 12-12-06 04:08 PM

Try this

/cast Nature's Swiftness
/stopcasting
/cast [nostance, target=mouseover, exists, help] Healing Touch(Rank 11); [target=mouseover, exists, help] Regrowth(Rank 9)

Does NS/HT when not in tree form. Does NS/Regrowth when in tree form.

Argent 12-13-06 11:35 AM

since i'm pretty horrible with scripting macros...any way someone can cobble together a macro that allows me to bind casting divine favor and then a max rank holy light to clique?

ultimatef 12-13-06 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argent
since i'm pretty horrible with scripting macros...any way someone can cobble together a macro that allows me to bind casting divine favor and then a max rank holy light to clique?

Something like this would work.

/cast Divne Favor
/stopcasting
/cast [target=mouseover, exists, help]Holy Light(Rank 9)

Cladhaire 12-13-06 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatef
Something like this would work.

/cast Divne Favor
/stopcasting
/cast [target=mouseover, exists, help]Holy Light(Rank 9)

/cast Divine Favor
/stopcasting
/cast [target=mouseover, exists, help] Holy Light

Fixed typos, and removed rank (its not necessary)

tardmrr 12-13-06 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cladhaire
/cast Divine Favor
/stopcasting
/cast [target=mouseover, exists, help] Holy Light

Fixed typos, and removed rank (its not necessary)

/cast Divine Favor
/stopcasting
/cast [target=mouseover,exists,help]Holy Light

Removed Extraneous spaces. (they're not necessary)

Argent 12-13-06 04:08 PM

edit: heh. should have reloaded the page once or twice. would have saved me half an hour of trial and error. :)

one other question though -- what is the macro index field for?

Cladhaire 12-13-06 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tardmrr
/cast Divine Favor
/stopcasting
/cast [target=mouseover,exists,help]Holy Light

Removed Extraneous spaces. (they're not necessary)

Yes and make things uglier.

ferlus 12-15-06 10:18 PM

can i pass the unit name to a macro or function?

I would like to shift left click on a person in my party frame and have clique run a custom macro or a script that would do the following.

/s I clicked on Ferlus while holding the shift key down.

Ferlus = the name of the unit I clicked on.

Some ideas i had were:
/script text = "I clicked on "..UnitName(this.unit).." while holding the shift key down."
/script SendChatMessage(text)

I get the following error:
[string "text= " I clicked on "..UnitName(this.unit).." while"]:1: Usage: UnitName("unit")

Cladhaire 12-15-06 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferlus
I would like to shift left click on a person in my party frame and have clique run a custom macro or a script that would do the following.

/s I clicked on Ferlus while holding the shift key down.

Ferlus = the name of the unit I clicked on.

Some ideas i had were:
/script text = "I clicked on "..UnitName(this.unit).." while holding the shift key down."
/script SendChatMessage(text)

I get the following error:
[string "text= " I clicked on "..UnitName(this.unit).." while"]:1: Usage: UnitName("unit")

/stopmacro [nomodifier:shift]
/say I clicked on %t while holding the shift key down

tardmrr 12-16-06 12:36 AM

Quote:

Yes and make things uglier.

Hey, you were splitting hairs. I wanted to play too! :D

ferlus 12-19-06 12:56 AM

Quote:

/stopmacro [nomodifier:shift]
/say I clicked on %t while holding the shift key down

Thanks for the help. When I set this up with Clique as shift middle click, it output the name of my target or said <no target> if I did not have one currently targeted. It did not say the name of the unit that I shift clicked on in my group frame.

What I want specifically is to use clique to send the unit name of the unit I am clicking on to a function. Not to compare your addon to another, but the functionality I am looking for was in the old castparty addon. You were able to set clicks to certain spells or to a function, but if you did a function, the addon would only send one argument to the function and that was the unit name.

It would be wonderful if I could setup a click directly to a function and pass that function the unit's name.

The idea you had would have worked if there was a %mo for mouseover unit. Any other ideas or thoughts on the ability to set clique clicks to functions?

Cladhaire 12-19-06 06:02 AM

YOu can do it using /script SendChatMessage, and UnitName("mouseover"). You'll need to look at WoWWiki.com for the syntax and such. Sorry the easy way didn't work.

ferlus 12-21-06 08:21 AM

Thanks

the UnitName("mouseover") worked just fine, thanks.

Melandir 12-27-06 10:00 AM

I posted it on the frontpage and only later I found this forum, sorry

Is it possible to add an announcement function in clique?
I explain my problem, I play a druid and I need to announce on a channel that I'm Innervating/Ressing a player without having to target it (%t), but only cast-clicking on it

I tryied to use the following macro in clique but with no succes for the notification, the casting work perfectly

/c "choose your channel" Innervating [target=mouseover]
/cast [target=mouseover] Innervate

any suggestion on how I can solve this?

thanks

Melandir

Cladhaire 12-27-06 11:50 AM

Well, /c does nothing, so that's the bulk of your issue. What you want is something like this:

/script SendChatMessage("I'm innervating you", "WHISPER", nil, UnitName("mouseover"))

Melandir 12-27-06 12:28 PM

Quote:

Well, /c does nothing, so that's the bulk of your issue. What you want is something like this:

/script SendChatMessage("I'm innervating you", "WHISPER", nil, UnitName("mouseover"))

This one is usefoul I'm trying to find a way to modify it to spam a message on a channel

and I have found this nice script

local s = "Innervating"
local index = GetChannelName("yourchannel")
if (index~=nil) then
SendChatMessage(s , "CHANNEL", nil, index);
end

but it's still incomplete cause the result I like to have should be

5 [yourchannel]: innervating YOU (were YOU it's the char under the mouse)

I still miss how to bind the mouseover target in a chat message to sobstitute the "%t" to avoid to select the char I want to innervate to have is name appear in the chat

Cladhaire 12-27-06 12:47 PM

You need to concatenate UnitName("mouseover")

Maynarddt 07-14-08 06:32 PM

Hello I play a Paladin and I've begun using the Grid/Clique combo for healing. Now when I try to use Clique macros for Librams to get a little more passive +healing, the macro I use along with FoL, HL, etc. is cast upon myself instead of the raid frame that I click. Currently my macro is as follows.

/equip Blessed Book of Nagrand
/cast [target=mouseover]
/cast Flash of Light(Rank 6)

Now, the same basically applies to each other Libram macro that I try to set up, it will cast the heal on myself as opposed to the intended target. I was wondering if there was something wrong with how I scripted it, or potentially you could write the proper way of doing it.