WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Laptop Cooler Suggestions (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41328)

litesung 09-01-11 07:59 PM

Laptop Cooler Suggestions

I decided to order the Thermaltake Massive23 LX($26.99). Thanks everyone for your suggestions :)

SDPhantom 09-02-11 12:04 AM

As far as cooling performance, every cooling pad is practically the same. They all add air flow under the laptop to assist in cooling it and use fans to do so. The only difference is added features. Does it run off the laptop USB port or does it have its own power supply? If it's USB-powered, does it have a built-in hub? How many ports? How much power does it draw? Etc.

brotherhobbes 09-02-11 12:20 AM

Do you sit with the laptop on your lap? If so, you may like one like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NU5O9C

I got this model for my girlfriend who likes to sit on the couch with her laptop.

It has a nice cloth type material on the bottom of it and it comfortable to have on even bare legs.

Just something to consider, "Am I going to have this on my lap? Will it be comfortable?"

Nibelheim 09-02-11 12:24 AM

There's only one real way to make your laptop cooler.

Paint on some red flames!

litesung 09-02-11 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDPhantom (Post 244132)
As far as cooling performance, every cooling pad is practically the same. They all add air flow under the laptop to assist in cooling it and use fans to do so. The only difference is added features. Does it run off the laptop USB port or does it have its own power supply? If it's USB-powered, does it have a built-in hub? How many ports? How much power does it draw? Etc.

Yeah, I was about to purchase the X2 without question, but when I checked out the LX it was basically Thermaltake's version of the CM X2, except with a bigger fan and arched design.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brotherhobbes (Post 244133)
Just something to consider, "Am I going to have this on my lap? Will it be comfortable?"

I was thinking about this when I was first considering the ST and the X2 (since the ST doesn't have a solid underbody, but the LX fixes the problem). I also currently have a Targus Chill mat, which I am currently using (fits the size of my laptop perfectly), but it doesn't cool efficiently enough. It is a decent mat though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nibelheim (Post 244134)

That would indeed make it cooler while adding a touch of style and personality to it :D

Thanks guys, I've been leaning towards the LX, and your opinions have helped me assure my choice. But I'd like to get more opinions from others before I make my purchase. Is there anything else I'm missing? A recommendation for another cooler in the same price range to possibly consider?

Taryble 09-02-11 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nibelheim (Post 244134)

Naah. That just makes it go faster.

(yes, I'm a 40k geek - the Orks have the best rule names! "Red wunz go fastah")

MidgetMage55 09-03-11 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taryble (Post 244149)
Naah. That just makes it go faster.

(yes, I'm a 40k geek - the Orks have the best rule names! "Red wunz go fastah")

The Orks pretty much have the best names for everything.

Petrah 09-03-11 04:51 AM

Rawr! ;)

Taryble 09-03-11 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 (Post 244183)
The Orks pretty much have the best names for everything.

Only WH Fantasy Dwarves come close on rule names... after all, "Look, Snorri! Trolls!"

Seerah 09-03-11 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrah (Post 244190)
Rawr! ;)

Yeah, that is pretty sexy.

haylie 09-04-11 06:24 AM

Quote:

Rawr! ;)

I would SO buy this, but... green backlight on keyboard? No. Just no.

SDPhantom 09-04-11 01:52 PM

Quote:

Rawr! ;)

Nice, if only I had the money, and we'll have to see if Blizzard would support the multi-touch screen. They took a while to add support for Logitech's Gamepanel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by haylie (Post 244235)
I would SO buy this, but... green backlight on keyboard? No. Just no.

At least it has a backlight. I couldn't care less what color it was, lol. :p

Othgar 09-04-11 10:54 PM

Speaking of epic laptops... this one might make its way onto my desk in the near future

Seerah 09-04-11 11:40 PM

They only gave it a 15" screen?

Othgar 09-05-11 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 244267)
They only gave it a 15" screen?

Yeah I didn't get that either really but I don't plan on using it for gaming very much so it doesn't really bother me.