WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   [suggestion] "author/mod" post equivalent to "blue" post (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22838)

Thander 04-24-09 06:29 PM

[suggestion] "author/mod" post equivalent to "blue" post

You know how the official forums have a little Blizzard icon whenever they post? WoW Interface should have something like that but for authors and forum mods/admins. I don't know what icons would be good for that but might be easier for authors supporting their addon to see at a glance which posts they've answered. It also helps people who are waiting for author feedback. They can see without having to open the thread whether the author has responded. Just have their icon replace whatever icon was originally used.

Dolby 09-02-09 09:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Author that post in their own comments section now have a different color background than others to make then stand out more.

I couldn't go the route of changing the text color since every one can choose what ever color they want to post in.

Slakah 09-03-09 07:37 AM

Is it possible to colourify quotes and code snippets when posted by the owner of the mod as well? (It just looks a little odd atm)

Petrah 09-03-09 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 157374)
Author that post in their own comments section now have a different color background than others to make then stand out more.

I couldn't go the route of changing the text color since every one can choose what ever color they want to post in.

I'm sorry Dolby.. please don't shoot me, but that looks extremely aweful. :( Can we please put it back to the way it was before?

The "Addon Author" icon under the author of the addons name is a dead giveaway.... pretty much don't need any special colors for text or post background as there is no possible way to have the color match either of the forum themes. :( :( :( :( :(

Seerah 09-03-09 09:09 AM

Personally, I don't think that the addon author is a giveaway. Because they could be the author of a completely different addon. ;)

I do like the color of the background being different, but yeah... I'm not sure if the red really "goes" with the current blue/dark skin. (The yellow for the light skin is a better combination, though it's a bit bright/bold.)

us2006027321 09-03-09 12:23 PM

If the color absolutely needs to change, I might suggest something a bit more blue or purple in it, but to be honest, I don't really think it needs to change. I think it's perfect. The idea was for it to stick out and be readily scannable. The color has accomplished exactly that, and it matches the color dev's already have on their names. Any other color may not match the names nearly as well.

I say you've done quite well, Dolby!

Dolby 09-03-09 02:10 PM

After sleeping on it I changed the color to a lighter gray on the dark template. I'll review the colors on the light template as well.

The author icon shows for any author, its very common for other authors to comment on each others addons so changing the background will help reduce the confusion of who is really the author with out having to remember their name. ;)

Cairenn 09-03-09 02:17 PM

I think it needs to be lighter yet, dolby. It's barely noticeable now, imo. The other showed much more readily.

p3lim 09-03-09 04:22 PM

Love this feature, its been on my wishlist for a while. Thanks! :D

Cralor 09-03-09 06:05 PM

I'm using the Light theme and I think the color is disgusting. Is there any way you can change that to be more like the original "theme"? It really only needs to be SLIGHTLY different than the originals. It really is the easiest thing to find who the author is without coloring...

Dolby 09-03-09 06:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got pulled away to work on something else for a bit but later tonight or tomorrow will change the light template to be more in line with the NEW dark one.

Cralor 09-03-09 07:20 PM

Much better. :D Thank you.

Petrah 09-03-09 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 157485)
I think it needs to be lighter yet, dolby. It's barely noticeable now, imo. The other showed much more readily.

Agreed. Even a lighter shade of gray would look good for the dark theme. The maroonish color just looks icky. :(

Cairenn 09-03-09 11:42 PM

I like the way he has it now. :)

Seerah 09-04-09 09:11 AM

Me too. :) He just needs to fix up the light skin now. :)

Slakah 09-04-09 02:41 PM

It might be nice to have a similar thing for SMODs and Admins. (possibly site supporters as well)

P.S Really liking the slight change.

Seerah 09-04-09 04:18 PM

You mean in addition to our differently colored names and tags? ;)

Cralor 09-04-09 07:44 PM

I can live with what it is now. Guess I am one of the few using the Light theme. I probably would enjoy the default dark theme after getting use to it, but I don't feel like changing right now. :p

Seerah 09-04-09 10:20 PM

The dark skin is what is selected by default. Most probably just don't realize it's able to be changed. I, personally, find the light theme a little too bright for my eyes for viewing the site for long periods.

Dolby, the light theme does look much better with the bold gold color just at the side.

Cralor 09-05-09 12:56 PM

Hehe. :) My 16 year old eyes can still take it. :D