WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Carbonite 5.1.2 is up (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45627)

Rythal 01-11-13 01:40 AM

Carbonite 5.1.2 is up

Changes: 5.1.2
Fixed Scarlet Monastery Microdungeon triggering Scarlet Monastery Instance map actions
Fixed position display inside microdungeons
Fixed missing objectives in kasarang wilds
Fixed imported carbonite nodes going to wrong zones (highly suggest resetting your herbs/ore and
importing again if you previously imported with 5.1.0 or 5.1.1)
Attempted fix on wandering isle vanishing when zoomed, lemme know if it seems to work (does for me).

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Carbonite.html

Petrah 01-11-13 02:26 AM

Thanks for the update!

aracthebold 01-11-13 02:31 AM

Thanks Rythal

Grewe02 01-11-13 10:47 AM

Woohoo! Thanks Rythal.

Xcari 01-11-13 12:14 PM

Appreciate your hard work on Carbonite, Rythal. Thanks so much.

Subzero7 01-11-13 12:15 PM

Resetting "herbs and ore?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 271656)
(highly suggest resetting your herbs/ore and
importing again if you previously imported with 5.1.0 or 5.1.1)
Attempted fix on wandering isle vanishing when zoomed, lemme know if it seems to work (does for me).

Thanks Rythal, but how do you reset herbs and ore. I'm not even sure if I need that, but since you recommend it, I thought I would do it, but I don't know how.

Rythal 01-11-13 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subzero7 (Post 271685)
Thanks Rythal, but how do you reset herbs and ore. I'm not even sure if I need that, but since you recommend it, I thought I would do it, but I don't know how.

In the options, under Guide you can delete the currently saved ore/herb nodes and also import the new ones.

jeffy162 01-12-13 11:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 271656)
<snip>

Well, the map doesn't completely black out if you zoom in, but it does have a dark layer over part of the map if you zoom in:
Please click the images for a larger version (might open in a new browser tab) 1280 x 800 resolution.
Minimized map: Attachment 7494 Maximized map:Attachment 7495 Yes, I'm running 5.1.2: Attachment 7496

Well, it does it for me, at least. If no one else has this problem, just ignore this post. :o

Kreelor 01-12-13 11:57 AM

Your old, out-of-date website

Have you given up on your old website(s)?

There's no link on them pointing to where users can download the most current version of your changes. The ones listed, are way out-of-date.

Why not get rid of a website that you no longer have the time to maintain. It's confusing.

Rythal 01-12-13 12:12 PM

The only website I have is rythal.com, it's not up to date news wise (I really need to remember to update it >< I'm horrible for that), but it does have a download link to the latest version here.

carboniteaddon I don't have any control over, nor can I do anything with it... it's owned by the previous developers.

Rythal 01-12-13 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy162 (Post 271723)
Well, it does it for me, at least. If no one else has this problem, just ignore this post. :o

Interesting... I see that on mine now, but no where near that dark (like 99% transparent instead of 10% like yours) I'll try and figure out what it is.

Kreelor 01-12-13 12:22 PM

Finding the LATEST update is difficult

If new (latest updates) are available, it's getting very difficlut to find a URL LINK to where those "latest" downloads are available. Not Dissussions about it, but the actual Download file.

Rythal's older websites appear to be defunct. No recent updates on them, including current links to latest updates.

I haven't seen anything on this site (wowinterace), in any of the recent posts that point to where the download can be accessed. If the downloads are available only on some other website, then the URL to that page should be included (somewhere, prominently) within the posted text notification, here.

I expected it to be in the new topic about 'recent' updates on this website (Jan 2013), but it's not here. At least, I searched several topics and couldn't find any URL link.

Suggestion. Rythal/WowInterface --- When you announce a 'new version update,' please provide an OBVIOUS simple link to where that is. WowInterface doesn't do it. There is no obvious link that I can find. It's just too difficult with so many different websites to find one source of the most current update.

I apologize if it is here and I just didn't see it prominently displayed in any of the forum posts, nor on the website itself.

Kreelor 01-12-13 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 271726)
....carboniteaddon I don't have any control over, nor can I do anything with it... it's owned by the previous developers.

I understand that. It's your website and this wowinterface forum which are perplexing to me.

EDITED: If there is a link on your website to the most recent download version, I just couldn't see it displayed. Maybe you can make it more noticeable? Just a suggestion.

aracthebold 01-12-13 01:49 PM

Hi Kreelor,

In the bug report forum for the live version at the very top is a post with the link to the download.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=45626

That is where he has been putting the link for the last few versions.

Thanks

edit:

or just bookmark

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Carbonite.html

and then when a new version is out you got the link already.

jeffy162 01-12-13 03:57 PM

Live: Carbonite (WoWI)
Carbonite Live on Curse.com
Beta: Carbonite BETA (WoWI)

Those are the pages for Carbonite. The only changes are when Rythal updates Carbonite (either version). The page url doesn't change, so you might as well bookmark them.

By-the-way, Kreelor, the download link on Rythals site is the gray "CARBONITE DOWNLOAD" text in the navigation bar. It's a link to the current "Live" download page, not the BETA.

Kreelor 03-07-13 02:35 PM

Thank you, Jeffy for the information.

March 7, 2013
BTW... now that 5.0.1.3 (5103) has been released by Rythal, maybe this sticky can be updated to it?