WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How to make borders like these, (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48638)

Trendkill09 12-09-13 01:48 AM

How to make borders like these,

Sorry i couldn't find the right place to post this. I've done everything but just couldnt done the transparent borders for remaking of this UI since the author didnt sharing it.

The one that i need some help about border;

My UI (need fixing i know :p)

MoonWitch 12-09-13 03:53 AM

I would assume it takes some getting used to the textures, but should be doable. It's just getting the measurements right.

Here have a look : This is the default tooltip http://wowprogramming.com/BlizzArt/I...tip-Border.png it is replaceable, you just make a new PNG (or TGA, png might be easier though) and convert it to BLP. Load up the game (very important) and see what it looks like.

Phanx 12-09-13 03:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't remember where I found it, but here is the border texture from your first screenshot; it's been laying around on my hard drive for years. Remove the .txt extension; the forums aren't configured to allow .tga files for some reason.

Trendkill09 12-09-13 10:12 AM

Thank you for responses guys :3

Trendkill09 12-09-13 10:24 AM

Sorry for dump guys but can anyone tell me how to import them in game, cuz i only see green screen at kgpanels

ravagernl 12-09-13 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 287894)
I don't remember where I found it, but here is the border texture from your first screenshot; it's been laying around on my hard drive for years. Remove the .txt extension; the forums aren't configured to allow .tga files for some reason.

Offtopic: Wow, that texture is old. I remember seeing it on the old discordmods.com (melli is the statusbar texture used in conjuction with the border) but I forgot what the UI was called.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trendkill09 (Post 287901)
Sorry for dump guys but can anyone tell me how to import them in game, cuz i only see green screen at kgpanels

On topic: how did you name your texture physically (what is the full path relative to the wow directory?) and how are you importing it into kgpanels?

Seerah 12-09-13 03:59 PM

Also, make sure that you have completely exited/restarted WoW.

Trendkill09 12-09-13 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravagernl (Post 287913)
Offtopic: Wow, that texture is old. I remember seeing it on the old discordmods.com (melli is the statusbar texture used in conjuction with the border) but I forgot what the UI was called.

On topic: how did you name your texture physically (what is the full path relative to the wow directory?) and how are you importing it into kgpanels?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 287916)
Also, make sure that you have completely exited/restarted WoW.

Well i do /reload and

im importing the texture from Artwork path thing from /kgpanels config

D:\WoW AddOn\ErurUI\Interface\AddOns\Glassborder\Glassborder.tga and this is the path

MoonWitch 12-09-13 04:32 PM

Reload will only reload code that is in existing files.
For textures and new files to show up, you need to quit and reopen the actual client...

That's an odd path too.

Eg My WoW install (path to the exe file) is D:\WoW\
So my add ons will be D:\WoW\Interface\Addons\
And to use that texture: D:\WoW\Interface\Addons\myTextures\texture.tga
For example.

Trendkill09 12-09-13 04:39 PM

Tried still gettin green thing

Seerah 12-09-13 04:50 PM

Tried what? Restarting WoW? Double-checking your file-path?

Where is WoW actually installed on your computer?

Trendkill09 12-09-13 04:53 PM

Installation Directory: D:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft

Addons : D:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns

Texture : D:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\myTextures

and ive tried all of them

MiRai 12-09-13 06:02 PM

The screenshot shows you're pointing at a file on the D:\ that isn't your AddOns folder. I was under the impression that all custom textures used in kgPanels had to be in a path relative to your \Interface folder, or at the very least, your WoW folder. Is this incorrect?

EDIT: If that is the correct path, I believe it should be (starting with your Interface folder):

Interface\\AddOns\\myTextures\\WHaTeVeR.tga

EDIT2: Art Library - http://www.wowace.com/addons/kg-pane...kg-panel-wiki/

humfras 12-09-13 06:07 PM

Should be:
Code:

\\Interface\\Addons\\Glassborder\\glassborder.tga

MoonWitch 12-09-13 07:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just tested the border and it's fine :)
Yes, my UI sucks I know. (It's the minimap that got the border)

Turns out it ate the rest of the post...

Here's the location of the texture correctly (In my case)
Interface\\AddOns\\LookInTehCorner\\media\\glassborder

So you do :
Interface\\AddOns\\myTextures\\glassborder as suggested :) Should work fine.

Phanx 12-09-13 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiRai (Post 287928)
The screenshot shows you're pointing at a file on the D:\ that isn't your AddOns folder. I was under the impression that all custom textures used in kgPanels had to be in a path relative to your \Interface folder, or at the very least, your WoW folder. Is this incorrect?

No, this is correct. All paths in WoW are relative to the WoW program folder; you should not include the path to the WoW program folder itself. You can put things outside of the Interface folder, but not outside the WoW program folder, and logically you should put all addon-related things like custom textures in the AddOns folder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiRai (Post 287928)
EDIT: If that is the correct path, I believe it should be (starting with your Interface folder):

Interface\\AddOns\\myTextures\\WHaTeVeR.tga

Also correct, though you can actually omit the ".tga" extension if you want:

Interface\\AddOns\\myTextures\\glassborder