WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Current Plans For Carbonite (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44583)

niffboy 01-25-14 04:45 AM

Just wanted to say "thank you" for this very, very awesome addon. I used it back in the day for it's amazing quest guides, but now that I know pretty much all quests on both sides by heart, I STILL use Carbonite for it's awesome maps. They are by far the best you can get. After all these years I still get confused on the levels for dungeons and to be able to look on the map, anywhere in the world, and see instances and their level range is like magic. I have donated several times in the past, but strongly considering making it a monthly thing! :)

Lasminia 01-29-14 07:38 PM

Carbonite timeless isle update

Are the updates for this game still happening? I've been waiting since Timeless Isle to come out for an upgrade because my map shows the timeless isle content somewhere in the center of the world instead of where it's supposed to be. Is this a bug with the game interface or just a glitch with the addon? Plans on updating? I hope so! Plan on donating if this happens! :)

Tequima 02-01-14 03:15 AM

Re Timeless Isle

I don't have this problem. Have you tried moving the old carbonite folders to a temp directory elsewhere than the interface folder and re-installing from fresh from wowinterface? Sometimes this can resolve issues with old code interfering.

mscott998 02-17-14 08:39 AM

is carbonite development dead? been nearly a year since a release version. and 6 months since beta.

Kreelor 07-01-14 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscott998 (Post 290835)
is carbonite development dead? been nearly a year since a release version. and 6 months since beta.

You posted this in Feb (over 4-1/2 months ago). Today is July 1, 2014 and I'm not sure if it's in development or not. There isn't any feedback about what's in progress, if anything at all.

It may not be totally dead, but it seems to be in a very deep coma. Prognosis seems grim.

kystonekop 09-18-14 09:12 PM

Is Carbonite dead???

I don't think it is dead. Remember, when the beta came out, Blizz announced that Pandaria was coming to an end, and WoD was in development. So, with an entirely different engine driving the game, there is going to be a steep learning curve for the next version of carbonite, as well as breaking it down to a modular and plain English level. Given that most of the work on the latest version and the Beta has been by one person, I think that it would be better to wait until he has access too the new code and engine so he can begin development of the new 6.something of Carbonite. I say let's give him a break and see if he can work it into his schedule of work and life and family. Also, I have seen much help offered over time since he "volunteered" to take over the further development of carbonite, but wonder if it ever "showed up". So here is to Rythal, and all the wonderful work he has put in for what we have.

Kreelor 09-19-14 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kystonekop (Post 296925)
So here is to Rythal, and all the wonderful work he has put in for what we have.

The quote above (from your message) is the only part of your statements that I can agree with. I don't give a hoot about the upcoming expansions. I've only been wondering why he has neglected "talking" with us about the current version (as of Sep 19, 2014). Everything about the current or planned activities for the addon seems to be hidden and/or secretive, and this is supposedly a set of forums for discussion about the Carbonite Addon for WoW, which should at least include frequent author replies. (imo). Problems still abound. Suggestions have been made. No response from him even though other users reply with their guesses as to what they think he's working on or planning!

Granted... I too have life issues as most of us do, but I'm always checking these forums for information constantly, and most often several times daily! I've seen nothing offered about the "Current Plans For Carbonite" (this topic) and also any information about what is actually being worked on, etc. I'm not complaining; I'm only voicing an observation, which anyone can check for themselves.

I'm fairly certain that Rythal has blocked all my posts (at least I've been told that by other users on this/these forums). Therefore, he won't ever know how much I appreciate what he has done, nor will he know that as the 'author' he might be neglecting the same people who use this addon. I'm sure each and everyone of us users want to encourage him. I do it in my own way whether or not other people like it or not. Simply calling me a complainer is just a side-ways attack to circumvent and avoid the issues which I try to point out. You don't have to like it. My opinions are based upon my own experiences and observations.

He hasn't even mentioned whether or not he has finally (personally) gotten a character to Pandaria for the quests there. The mapping and the 'red question mark' to find some "common places" is still in error (in several places). That tells me he hasn't begun questing there. (I'm not talking about Raids - I never do them! I don't care about them!). I care more about the basic functionality of the core addon. And, neither am I talking about "game-breaking" issues. I'm referring to issues within the addon itself pertaining to User functionality.

How long has it been since an update to the Beta/Alpha release?... let alone the "Release Version?" -- Not even a word about what's going on! If any mention of those things has been mentioned, they are buried somewhere deep within these forums, mixed in with irrelevant topic threads, and therefore lost from users looking for answers.

I still care about the addon. I love the fact that Rythal has taken time out of his life to do what he has done. I only wish he was far more interactive with us about his plans/progress, etc. I don't know why it remains such a big secret. It can't be a 'time' issue since he replies to other (developer-related) threads. I'm only guessing, but I could understand why he may want/need other "LUA Pro's" to chip in some time and effort. He shouldn't have to carry this burden alone. And, I'll bet some of those other addon authors use the Carbonite addon as well (even though they deny it?), and they could help him refine this addon to what it was intended to be from the beginning.

If that were done, it would be a GREAT foundation for the next addon [even if he (personally) doesn't intend to work on it].

Rythal 09-21-14 12:28 PM

No your posts are not blocked... I just don't respond to every post.

As for what is going on, and what is being worked on, The last I said was that I was working on localization, and that is still what i'm working on. The main Carbonite has now been fully Localized so any string I could find (1299 in total) can be customized per language, Today i started on the module ones, finishing the smaller ones like Carbonite Notes and Carbonite Info, I'm hoping to have them all finished except Quests before i'm dragged from the PC. Once Quests is done I'm going to move into starting on getting everything working with WoD.

mrespman 09-21-14 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 297069)

As for what is going on, and what is being worked on, The last I said was that I was working on localization, and that is still what i'm working on. The main Carbonite has now been fully Localized so any string I could find (1299 in total) can be customized per language, Today i started on the module ones, finishing the smaller ones like Carbonite Notes and Carbonite Info, I'm hoping to have them all finished except Quests before i'm dragged from the PC. Once Quests is done I'm going to move into starting on getting everything working with WoD.

I love you Rythal. Keep up the amazing work.

Kreelor 09-22-14 07:34 AM

Rythal, may God bless you in all things! Thank you for replying, and especially for including an overview of your current tasks and some future ones. It is very reassuring to read your post. Thanks again!

BossHawg 10-07-14 05:59 PM

Carbonite is being updated for WoD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 297069)

As for what is going on... once Quests is done I'm going to move into starting on getting everything working with WoD.

O M G it's still being worked on?!!!
You can expect another 'donation' from me whenever your masterpiece is unleashed upon the masses again.

cjscully 10-07-14 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossHawg (Post 297509)
You can expect another 'donation' from me whenever your masterpiece is unleashed upon the masses again.

You and me both!

eqsanctum 10-16-14 01:33 AM

Quote:

Yes because not donating now, inspires him to want to do it...

Not even the point..

He's one guy, support him or don't but don't gripe about a free addon

technomike 10-16-14 06:05 PM

Quote:

Raise your hand if you think 'donation' equals 'payment for product or service received'

Whoanylle 10-17-14 08:59 AM

Thank you Rythal!

I have been playing WOW for years (along with my husband and lots of friends) and Carbonite is by far my favorite addon. Thank you for picking up the torch a few years ago and continuing to carry it now. I wish I had your skill and knowledge or I would be volunteering to help you get this across the finish line. Instead, all I can say is how much I appreciate you doing this! :)

chillout 10-17-14 05:10 PM

Hi there,

I barely played wow in the last few years but Carbonite is my favorite addon I've been using it for years.
Now i just got back to wow again but actually it feels terrible without carbonite.
I am curious about its state, when can we expect it?
Actually i could even give some help, if there is something that doesn't require experts i have some knowledge about coding but i'vent got in touch with lua so far. i can do some search and i think i could do some basic stuffs, or whatever that helps:)
Anyways I would really help if you needed.
And thank you for all your work.

jrbaytown 10-17-14 06:12 PM

Map

I love Carbonite, as so many others on these forums do. But the main feature I greatly miss is simply the map. I'm sure all of the pieces of Carbonite are tied together in programming, but a break off of the map for potentially quicker updates would be awesome. Probably not possible, but since these forums are here to share general discussion, I thought I'd mention it.

While I enjoy the other modules, questing, battlegrounds, etc, it's the map that really helps me navigate the world and make the game more enjoyable.

Thanks,

Ross

Rythal 10-17-14 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrbaytown (Post 298244)
I love Carbonite, as so many others on these forums do. But the main feature I greatly miss is simply the map. I'm sure all of the pieces of Carbonite are tied together in programming, but a break off of the map for potentially quicker updates would be awesome. Probably not possible, but since these forums are here to share general discussion, I thought I'd mention it.

While I enjoy the other modules, questing, battlegrounds, etc, it's the map that really helps me navigate the world and make the game more enjoyable.

Thanks,

Ross

It's been separated into individual pieces since the 5.2 beta version, and the 6.0 release will be the same.

cjyerger 10-18-14 09:34 AM

what can we do to help

Is there anything we as users can do to help like gather information for you? If there is something I can install and then upload information I would gladly do it. I have been a carbonite fan since back when you could still buy it before Blizz said you cant anymore.

Sindelar 10-18-14 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjyerger (Post 298314)
Is there anything we as users can do to help like gather information for you? If there is something I can install and then upload information I would gladly do it. I have been a carbonite fan since back when you could still buy it before Blizz said you cant anymore.

Agreed, if there's anything those of us without programming knowledge can do to help, please let us know!

derkaderka 10-19-14 03:04 PM

Thank you!

Rythal, I just want to say how awesome it is for someone to be keeping Carbonite going. This is the only addon my wife, my friends and I really use. It really replaces all other addons. Some other use about 7 other addons that Carbonite does all in one. It is the best gaming addon out there. :banana:

I will be donating more money to help you in your endevors. I am retired, so I do not get a lot lately. But I will send what I can.

Mordralis 10-20-14 08:55 AM

Not Sure If....?

I started playing WoW in the ending days of Vanilla. From my first week, at the suggestion of a friend, I loaded and have been using exclusively Carbonite, and totally loved the mapping aspect. Blizz's mapping system really is a PITA, and when new major patches come out that impact Carbonite to the point of not being able to use it for awhile, I'm lost and frustrated to no end because of the poor mapping system in Blizz. I had a good job making decent money, and was able to make donations via PayPal of around $200. But I was involved in an accident that put me on disability, and have not been able to make donations for a few years. I feel kinda guilty in not being able to do so, but really can't. So please don't think I am complaining about service, for I'm definitely not!
When 6.0.2 came out, the game would freeze every time I opened it, until I disabled the Carbonite addons. I thought, ok, same as in the past, just will have to suffer for a week or 2 until it is updated. However, now all modules are enabled and the game no longer freezes up...but none of the carbonite mods show, except the symbol in the minimap - which does not do anything when I click on it.
I've tried to find temporary alternatives for mapping, but none do the same that Carbonite does that I have found so far. Am I doing something wrong, missing something? I've seen no updates via Curse, and seems nothing new on the website for quite awhile. I'm running v 5.1.5 - am I missing an update?
If anyone knows something that I'm missing, please do let me know! Also, if you know a mapping system addon that is comparable to Carbonite that I can use temporarily until Carbonite is updated, let me know what it is.
To the developers that took over Carbonite from the old guard, thanks for your dedication and commitment in keeping Carbonite going. I applaud you in stepping up, and for your commitment in doing so.

LadyTash 10-20-14 04:59 PM

Just another Thank You for your Dedication

I know that all to often people get frustrated when their add-on's aren't updated on the day a patch is released. I also know how much work goes into an add-on of Carbonite's caliber. While using the Blizzard map and quest interface is clunky, it is what it is and only makes us appreciate more those wonderful Carbonite features and as other's have expressed, life must come first and so, we shall wait as patiently as possible and endure the hardships that are Blizzard.
Safe Travels and God Speed

SandyThomas83 10-21-14 09:21 AM

just so u know

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...24&postcount=8

SandyThomas83 10-21-14 09:26 AM

they will not let us down......

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...24&postcount=8

Mysfit 10-23-14 10:46 PM

I just sent a donation. My way to say thanks for all the hard work. Hope more people do the same.

matt_b19 10-26-14 02:17 PM

Before I donate I believe we are entitled to some sort of estimate as to when the addon may be in a usable state.

We must remember that most addon authors made their modules useable either during WoD beta or during PTR(prior to patch launch).

This particular author has been promising updates for a very long time now.

Also, for the addon to work for the expac (2 weeks away) shouldnt all the quests data have already been collected from the beta?

KMJX 10-26-14 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt_b19 (Post 299025)
Before I donate I believe we are entitled to some sort of estimate as to when the addon may be in a usable state.

We must remember that most addon authors made their modules useable either during WoD beta or during PTR(prior to patch launch).

Also, for the addon to work for the expac (2 weeks away) shouldnt all the quests data have already been collected from the beta?

A weak first post, man. A very weak first post.

Donations are not mandatory, and have not been asked for, though they are welcomed. Donating or thinking of donating does not entitle you to anything at all, and not everyone had access or time to play the beta to fix their stuff.

The last information we got about update progress was less than a day ago, though not in this thread. (Hint: It's the first one below the stickies. Also refer to the link 2 posts above yours.)
What is broken has nothing to do with quests, there was no need to collect data for those, as it is handled by the same information given by the standard wow quest tracker, and displayed on the fancy maps which are now kaputt because things changed, shit happened, and the thing is gonna take longer than expected.

Kyzmet 10-26-14 03:58 PM

Quote:

This particular Author took an add-on that had been abandoned and patched it to work and has continually worked on it and updated to continue to work. Donating should be done if you have been using it and it has helped you and made your WOW experience more enjoyable. Trying to shame him or make him look bad because he is not a full time add-on programmer and has to support himself and family with a RL job that requires his time before he can focus on a game add-on is very disrespectful.
If you wish to have him dedicate all of his time to this non-profitable hobby then perhaps offering to pay his RL salary for a few weeks with all of the hardware and access he needs he will have it 100%. Until then pop the top off your preferred beverage take a sip and wait. It's a game after all and if not having Carbonite is that troubling for you then you should have donated LONG ago.

Killekille 10-27-14 03:32 AM

hostile takeover?

maybe you should know, that someone else is trying to take over Carbonite :eek: :
Link to Curseforge

Just in case you want to intervene or to invite them to join your development team.

matt_b19 10-27-14 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killekille (Post 299048)
maybe you should know, that someone else is trying to take over Carbonite :eek: :
Link to Curseforge

Just in case you want to intervene or to invite them to join your development team.

They didnt say "take over".

They are "attempting" to make a new version of it. They are right to do so as Carbonite as it is hasnt been fully maintained for a long time now.

Fathersin 10-27-14 07:56 PM

Quote:

This will probably get squelched.. but I particularly do not care at this point.
<soapbox>

I have supported many addon authors of the last ten years by money, by code, and by helping. To have the audacity to demand something for something you can get for free is quite frankly why none of my addons are public. It gets fixed when it gets fixed. Donating is not a requirement nor is your usage of any addon on wowinterface, curse, or wowace. It is just one of the many options you can do to support addon authors.

There are other addon's you can use and donate to if you wish. By all means do not let us stop you from doing so. I have spent hours going through carbonite's code the moment it was released from the original author. I know the task that Rythal has set in front of himself and I know it is not one that is easy. I decided that rewriting the whole thing would be easier and decided not to venture into fixing carbonite. Of course that is also my personal opinion. And like Rythal, Most of us have this thing called a life that likes to interfere with any game time we have. So being appreciative of someone who sets aside their own gaming time to make a mod to make a game easier for YOU to play should at least be the minimum you show.

There were many addons updated on the PTR that were still broke when it went live. Actually all of them were. hell, It took about 3 days just to get my UI back in order so I was not looking 72 inches across to see my party members and the minimap. Just because it worked on the PTR doesn't mean it will work when it goes live. You can thank blizzard for that. And since you pay them a monthly subscription you are entitled to go fuss at them for breaking the addons. I'm sure they will listen to you and correct the situation immediately...

People like yourself demanding, crying, or just generally bitching, make it difficult for addon authors to continue updating through major patches or just altogether. I've seen hundreds of addon's, over the last ten years, just fall off because asshats like yourself, act the way that you do.

YOU are NOT entitled to anything on here. Nor am I or anyone else for that matter. I've made my donations. I've used the addons. I've done plenty of coding and patching and forwarded that info to authors. I did not wait until it was broke and decide to use a donation as leverage to get it fixed when it was already being worked on.

Either find something else, be productive and find someway to help or STFU and wait.
</soapbox >

Saundra Lynn 10-28-14 07:55 AM

Carbonite AddOn

I can't wait to have my Carbonite back. U never really appreciate what you have til it's gone. :( I'm so lost without it.

eqsanctum 10-28-14 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathersin (Post 299078)
Either find something else, be productive and find someway to help or STFU and wait.
</soapbox >

I seriously want to have your babies. No, really. I'm serious.

eqsanctum 10-28-14 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt_b19 (Post 299069)

They are "attempting" to make a new version of it. They are right to do so as Carbonite as it is hasnt been fully maintained for a long time now.

People have short memories...

Last update was in march to make the original code "working" to buy him some time. He already said it's being completely re-written...

All the threats, the crap, the talk, bottom line it's Rythal's leave the guy alone and let him do his thing. People seriously need to back off in a major way.

Kyzmet 10-28-14 02:08 PM

I seriously don't get the whining and complaining.
Blizz maps have made huge improvements and while I greatly prefer the flexibility and usability of Carbonite due to being 50% blind I can function fine with the built in options. If you think you can do a better job than Rythal than by all means get jumping.
He is having to basically rewrite the add-on to get everything to work.
If you don't have the skill or training required to take over then step away form your electronic courage and wait.
If you have the skills and knowledge then download the newest one and rebuild it yourself and yet again quit trying to hide behind the anonymity of the internet and flame someone that is doing something to help others.
Don't want to donate? Don't donate.
Won't donate until it is fixed cool shut up and wait.
Think you can help Ry Send him a private message instead of trying to blow your own horn on a forum.

Fathersin 10-28-14 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eqsanctum (Post 299141)

Alas i'm afraid i have this marriage that prevents making babies or the act of attempting to make babies with others outside of the marriagees. :D

I'm honestly surprised the post has not been edited at minimum. I regret nothing i said so it won't be me changing it. just had enough of seeing it.

neumond86 10-30-14 03:07 AM

Does it work?

As the title says: does this addon work right now? had a big break from wow and always used carbonite and now want it back.

Choonstertwo 10-30-14 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neumond86 (Post 299272)
As the title says: does this addon work right now? had a big break from wow and always used carbonite and now want it back.

The official version doesn't work yet (Rythal is still working on a proper update), but there's an "experimental, buggy and incomplete" third-party hotfix that allows it to function in 6.0.

Everfroszt 10-30-14 06:40 AM

While I don't know the specifics of the Carbonite addon (haven't had a chance to check the code) and I don't know what kinds of optimisations in terms of size or space the author's made, modularisation can actually decrease the size of a memory and/or disk space footprint. It really depends on the author's use of optimising techniques, but given the professional UI and other elements of the addon in my experience, I'd say if it changes at all, the footprint will likely be smaller rather than larger. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrena (Post 265579)
Just a quick question about modularization, from a non-programmers viewpoint.

Will the combined parts have a much larger footprint because it is modularized?

I use a lot of the features of Carbonite; Map, BG, Punks (a little), Warehouse (especially for professions) and node routing (please tell me this is staying and how we can contribute when you're ready). I'm not sure if there is more that I'm not thinking of, but I'm glad to see the options are also (eventually) going to be re-hauled as that has been a long time gripe with Carbonite.

Thanks again for spearheading this large project!

Everfroszt 10-30-14 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMJX (Post 299027)
A weak first post, man. A very weak first post.

Donations are not mandatory, and have not been asked for, though they are welcomed. Donating or thinking of donating does not entitle you to anything at all, and not everyone had access or time to play the beta to fix their stuff.

The last information we got about update progress was less than a day ago, though not in this thread. (Hint: It's the first one below the stickies. Also refer to the link 2 posts above yours.)
What is broken has nothing to do with quests, there was no need to collect data for those, as it is handled by the same information given by the standard wow quest tracker, and displayed on the fancy maps which are now kaputt because things changed, shit happened, and the thing is gonna take longer than expected.

Yeah, I completely agree. While it's nice of people to donate, you can't expect to say "Ok, you give me time estimates [or anything else] or I won't donate". First of all, that's just rude. Then there's the fact that they are *donations", not payments. They're not required, or, as KMJX pointed out, even asked for, and, in fact, the author doesn't even need them I'm sure. Addon authors generally (at least in my experience) don't write addons for profit, but so they can enjoy the game and share their enjoyment. The fact that he chooses to share his addon at all is enough for me to donate. Carbonite's made my WoW experience over the past 5 or 6 years exponentially more enjoyable! In fact, without Carbonite, I have trouble getting in "the zone" lol! Anyway, no offence, but I would personally never try to bargain for estimates (that wouldn't be accurate anyway, given the problems encountered in real-world code management--especially with Blizzard's horrible habit of rapid API changes) for a little donation. I'm just grateful to Rythal and his predecessors! TIA for the next evolution of Carbonite! Don't get me wrong. I get a little anxious waiting too, but we seem to forget the fact that there is no obligation on his part to update the code period. :) I'd rather have an addon that works properly and great than a buggy-ass kluge.

Everfroszt 10-30-14 06:52 AM

Quote:

No offence, but the semantic difference is very slight. xP The meaning is almost the same, and attempting to distract others from the original point of your argument to shift attention to your linguistic genius doesn't change the original matter, that is, that donations are just that: donations, and not salary. You are technically correct, but not by much, and the point is, everyone understood the guy you're replying to. Dicing words doesn't change the fact. No offence, I'm just saying. :)

twystedfate 10-30-14 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathersin (Post 299078)
This will probably get squelched.. but I particularly do not care at this point.
<soapbox>

I have supported many addon authors of the last ten years by money, by code, and by helping. To have the audacity to demand something for something you can get for free is quite frankly why none of my addons are public. It gets fixed when it gets fixed. Donating is not a requirement nor is your usage of any addon on wowinterface, curse, or wowace. It is just one of the many options you can do to support addon authors.

There are other addon's you can use and donate to if you wish. By all means do not let us stop you from doing so. I have spent hours going through carbonite's code the moment it was released from the original author. I know the task that Rythal has set in front of himself and I know it is not one that is easy. I decided that rewriting the whole thing would be easier and decided not to venture into fixing carbonite. Of course that is also my personal opinion. And like Rythal, Most of us have this thing called a life that likes to interfere with any game time we have. So being appreciative of someone who sets aside their own gaming time to make a mod to make a game easier for YOU to play should at least be the minimum you show.

There were many addons updated on the PTR that were still broke when it went live. Actually all of them were. hell, It took about 3 days just to get my UI back in order so I was not looking 72 inches across to see my party members and the minimap. Just because it worked on the PTR doesn't mean it will work when it goes live. You can thank blizzard for that. And since you pay them a monthly subscription you are entitled to go fuss at them for breaking the addons. I'm sure they will listen to you and correct the situation immediately...

People like yourself demanding, crying, or just generally bitching, make it difficult for addon authors to continue updating through major patches or just altogether. I've seen hundreds of addon's, over the last ten years, just fall off because asshats like yourself, act the way that you do.

YOU are NOT entitled to anything on here. Nor am I or anyone else for that matter. I've made my donations. I've used the addons. I've done plenty of coding and patching and forwarded that info to authors. I did not wait until it was broke and decide to use a donation as leverage to get it fixed when it was already being worked on.

</soapbox >

Dude if your ever in Eastern Canada i'm buying you a beer!!!!

Everfroszt 10-30-14 06:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by eqsanctum (Post 299144)
People have short memories...

Last update was in march to make the original code "working" to buy him some time. He already said it's being completely re-written...

All the threats, the crap, the talk, bottom line it's Rythal's leave the guy alone and let him do his thing. People seriously need to back off in a major way.

Can I get a very LOUD AMEN! Now I srsly want to have your babies xP

genchoppa 10-30-14 03:18 PM

You the Muthafu**king man!!!

Don't let these skirts get to you. Bitches will be bitches.

Take your time do right and when its all said and done go get a Ferrari with the donations. You earned It..

That's all i gotta say..

Fathersin 10-30-14 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everfroszt (Post 299279)

Quote:

Originally Posted by eqsanctum (Post 299141)

I think there may be a need for a prenatal and growing up pics at some point :D

Fathersin 10-30-14 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twystedfate (Post 299282)
Dude if your ever in Eastern Canada i'm buying you a beer!!!!

Why thank you sir :cool:

bossdarcie 11-05-14 12:34 PM

Rythal, you da bomb. Carbonite Addon team, you da explosion!

:banana: I'm just happy you guys are working on it! Patience is a virtue and we'll all be fine until Rythal has a chance to dig through the code and fix it. Do I miss it? Hell yeah. That just goes to show what an awesome add-on it is. Rythal, I remember when the Carbonite Addon team officially added you as a helpmeet and I know that you'll get the job done as fast as you're able. Keep on doing what you do. I've donated before, will do so again, and am patiently awaiting your genius. <3 :banana:

sandlolz 11-09-14 02:36 PM

i had already planned on skipping the first year of WoD, like i did with MoP. seriously, the expansions are so much more fun when you come into them late, i did the whole 'grind from the beginning' in tbc and wrath.

but anyway, i'm sure carbonite will be working by then, assuming the world doesn't go ww3 or get totally ebola'd.

Dragnwarror 11-09-14 03:22 PM

11/9/14 update???

I opened wowmatrix this morning and there was an update for carbonite. I installed it and loaded the game. it seemed to just shut down the add on. nothing was working. i could not even open the map at all. I was wondering if this was an update you release or it was just a bug in WOWmatrix. Again thank you for everything you are doing for all these undeserving people. :D:D also if you would like someone to test all your updates i am willing to do so. i have 7 computers that i play wow on and would be willing to beta test for you. since i have no coding skills that is all i can offer atm.

JimJoBlue 11-09-14 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragnwarror (Post 300010)
I opened wowmatrix this morning and there was an update for carbonite. I installed it and loaded the game. it seemed to just shut down the add on. nothing was working. i could not even open the map at all. I was wondering if this was an update you release or it was just a bug in WOWmatrix. Again thank you for everything you are doing for all these undeserving people. :D:D also if you would like someone to test all your updates i am willing to do so. i have 7 computers that i play wow on and would be willing to beta test for you. since i have no coding skills that is all i can offer atm.

The problem there is you are using wowmatrix... wowmatrix steals addons from sites like curse and wowinterface and pretends that it is an "official" site... NONE of the addons that wowmatrix provides (As they don't even host the files themselves, they use wowinterface server bandwidth) are authorised by the addon authors... NONE of the ad revenue goes toward the addon authors...

Please stop using wowmatrix... In using that site/program you are directly hurting the authors that are working on these fine addons...

DPattee 11-14-14 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimJoBlue (Post 300017)
Please stop using wowmatrix... In using that site/program you are directly hurting the authors that are working on these fine addons...

Well, Curse abandoned their Mac users, and instead of open sourcing (etc) the client they are just leaving an old alpha up with known bugs and performance issues.

WowMatrix still has a Mac client, and it is way faster than Curse Client ever was.

I'll donate to add-on developers that have that option, and continue to use WowMatrix until Curse returns to the Mac.

Fathersin 11-14-14 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DPattee (Post 300430)
Well, Curse abandoned their Mac users, and instead of open sourcing (etc) the client they are just leaving an old alpha up with known bugs and performance issues.

WowMatrix still has a Mac client, and it is way faster than Curse Client ever was.

I'll donate to add-on developers that have that option, and continue to use WowMatrix until Curse returns to the Mac.

You could just buy a real computer. There is hardly any difference hardware wise from a mac to a PC these days. It basically boils down to having to learn another OS to suit your needs. Which in all honestly is not all that hard for windows. FYI i'm not a fanboi of Microsoft. I've just been in IT for over 28 years. I personally use Linux.

CactusBadger 11-17-14 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathersin (Post 300445)
You could just buy a real computer. There is hardly any difference hardware wise from a mac to a PC these days. It basically boils down to having to learn another OS to suit your needs. Which in all honestly is not all that hard for windows. FYI i'm not a fanboi of Microsoft. I've just been in IT for over 28 years. I personally use Linux.

If you are ever in Northern Indiana - You have a beer waiting for you here too... A good craft brew, even;)

eqsanctum 11-18-14 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everfroszt (Post 299284)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathersin (Post 299341)
I think there may be a need for a prenatal and growing up pics at some point :D

Oh wow. Where did these come from...

Yuriko 11-19-14 10:22 AM

Well, you see...when a comment and a reply REALLY like each other a lot...

encryptedkid 11-19-14 11:24 AM

ive honestly thought about trying to take up coding again for mainly help with this great damn addon as well as some minor dumb things. wanted to make an acc to just say what a great app. i just decided to get the new expansion after taking a break from cata for a bit and damn you truly don't know how incredible something was till its gone. if anyoine knows any good online courses free of course as im currently in between jobs after my damn contract expired would help me thus in return me helping the community hopefully.

encryptedkid 11-19-14 11:32 AM

matter of fact im gonna be donating as well. as soon as i get some source of income. with all the time a yrs using this well put together addon that's honestly the top of a must 3 i need to fully enjoy wow. so much in fact i wouldn't mind paying for the addon it self whether it be one time purchase of even a 6-12mo subscription. if thats what it takes :) to continue the life of it

Desdicato 11-20-14 03:00 PM

Thank you rythal , twisted fate and any who continue to work with this

Just wanna give twistedfate a shoutout and mirror the canadian offer , if life takes u to mid east coast u.s i'll buy you a beer as well my friend :)

But seriously, i donated quite alot to the original authors and plan on donating to rythal and any others putting man hours into tweaking or recoding. Because for the uninitiated btw... that does take lots and lots of man hours. It's work like payable work... anyhow, thank you again for your volunteered time, I'm sure I won't be alone in donating, to express gratitude, I ... i know it sounds weird, but probably have more concern of this addon going forward then wow going forward..., Im off and on again with wow, but I simply will not play the game w/o carbonite lol... i got the expansion to check it out, but I'm sitting patiently until carbonite works, until then no wow :)

Anyways if theres anything beyond monetary we can do to help let the appreciative fans of carbonite know, I don't have alot of free time, which is why i just throw money at ppl in lieu of my support, but you know , someone else has got to be talented at programming or trouble shooting or something... :)

P.S
Apparently my old account I registered way back when is gone, or floating around in the nether , but it had the same user name any old timers might remember

Borretje 11-22-14 01:21 PM

Hello, I would like to know what file you need to fill up the quest information database?
I have done a huge part of the Dreanor quests and also many of the special battle hubs so it might help this add on.