WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   announcements in new post search (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20964)

dafire 03-09-09 06:41 AM

announcements in new post search

1 Attachment(s)
I usually read the forum by using the "new posts" search and only read what I'm interested in.

Now there are Anouncements showing up on top that look like important forum announcements but apparently all belong to one addon.

I kinda find it annoying and something can get changed regarding them.

Dolby 03-09-09 08:30 AM

The announcements are the result of the featured artist that controls that forum. Announcements wont be shown in search as that is not what they are ment for. You may wish to ask that author they change those announcements to sticky threads instead.

Mera, that solution has nothing to do with the post you replied to and thus was removed. That user was talking about AddOn search not forums. It also has nothing to do with this persons issue.

Mera 03-09-09 12:42 PM

well that was a nice workaround to dafire problems and they are normal vBulletin & SMF functions, thats pity you deleted it and easy to say that's out of subject now that is deleted! now ppl have to hard ignore forum sections when that is not needed at all. Guess you are in a bad day because I dont see why you deleted such tip that do you probably use yourself, I take it unfair what you did Bye!

Seerah 03-09-09 01:54 PM

Mera, dafire didn't say that he wanted to hide those forums. He just didn't like how the announcements were being displayed on that "new posts" page. As for the other thread that you posted your suggestion in, p3lim wasn't talking about the forums at all - he was talking about a bug in the advanced search for download categories.

This forum (site help, suggestions, bugs, etc) is more heavily moderated than the rest because Dolby uses it as a sort of to-do list. You have been around long enough to realize that, and to know thatwe are always fair.

Dolby 03-09-09 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mera (Post 119483)
well that was a nice workaround to dafire problems and they are normal vBulletin & SMF functions, thats pity you deleted it and easy to say that's out of subject now that is deleted! now ppl have to hard ignore forum sections when that is not needed at all. Guess you are in a bad day because I dont see why you deleted such tip that do you probably use yourself, I take it unfair what you did Bye!

It has nothing to do with dafires problem. Did you read what he said and understand it? I don't think you did. Your post I deleted was fine but only served to confuse these people as it had nothing to do with their problems. Do not post to a thread if you dont fully understand the problem.

dafire 03-10-09 06:48 AM

The Problem was that there were vbulletin announcements used where it should have been posts.
This announcements are fine for important messages to all users and usually also have an expire date set since they also ignore functions like "Mark Forums Read".

But now everything is fine.. thanks :)