WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite: Dev Talk (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   ERROR..\AddOns\Carbonite.Warehouse\NxWarehouse.lua line 3434: (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52579)

Kreelor 08-05-15 11:31 PM

ERROR..\AddOns\Carbonite.Warehouse\NxWarehouse.lua line 3434:

1 Attachment(s)
Error upon starting a new character. It says "...NxWarehouse.lua line 3434:" but, the error happened immediately upon starting the new char without ever having the chance to visit a bank.

-- Using latest DEV version
-- Mists of Pandaria - NOT WoD.
Horde/Mage - Level 1
========================

gOOvER 08-09-15 03:22 AM

Line 3434 is a Empty Line..... So are you using really the latest Version?

ircdirk 08-09-15 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreelor (Post 310133)
-- Mists of Pandaria - NOT WoD.

On private server? I dont know if older versions of WoW are supported...

jeffy162 08-09-15 05:48 AM

@ircdirk: That just means (to him, anyway) that he hasn't bought the WoD expansion package yet.

ircdirk 08-09-15 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy162 (Post 310179)
@ircdirk: That just means (to him, anyway) that he hasn't bought the WoD expansion package yet.

U dont know that, u are assuming it ;) Kreelor should write which version of WoW he usues in numbers not expansions.

jeffy162 08-09-15 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ircdirk (Post 310180)
U dont know that, u are assuming it ;) Kreelor should write which version of WoW he usues in numbers not expansions.

Yes, I do. He has said as much.

@gOOver: If you read his post, he is using the latest DEV version which, if I remember correctly, is the release version with some minor updates.

Kreelor 08-10-15 06:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gOOvER (Post 310177)
Line 3434 is a Empty Line..... So are you using really the latest Version?

Yes. I looked at. I have no idea what you looked at.

Thrumbar 08-10-15 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreelor (Post 310221)
Yes. I looked at. I have no idea what you looked at.

Current versions of Release, Git Master and Git DEV are empty at that line. Are you sure that you have a current version of that.

Current Dev as of today last update 2 months ago (warehouse module).
It appears atha there is a 5 line difference between your copy and current Dev (same area as your image)..... Please make sure you have the correct version by downloading again but clean off all previous downloaded version from you download folder.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=photo%2cpng

With regard
Thrumbar

Edit 1: It appears your version of Warhouse.lua is from before Rythal commit as of June 2 (commit 657d247d44005233342d693b1c50d322157ad80c)) that added 5 lines to the Warehouse.lua.

Edit 2: Note that this does not imply that there is no error in relation to the line 3434 of Kreelor's OP only the reason others see the said line in 3439.

Rythal 08-10-15 04:57 PM

I merged my local version of dev into live, I did not merge my local dev into dev... it's very possible there is code differences.

I've been without a computer since the first week of July so I can't check local versions, but it's possible it sync'd dev before doing the live version.

Kreelor 08-11-15 07:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks everybody. I didn't realize this would get so confusing. I was merely trying to help by posting an error that happened to me. :D

I'm not sure that I understand exactly 'which' version to download and install; DEV or Master, (since nobody told me specifically which one to use). I went ahead and deleted everything related to Carbonite in my Downloads folder and I also deleted all Carbonite folders from my C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns folder. I'm going to download and install what appears to me as the most recent GitHub files for Carbonite-related modules and, that one is the current DEV version.

I think it's too bad that the GitHub does not use actual dates-times instead of rounding things by months. Both DEV and Master show the same "2 months ago" for many of the files. That doesn't really tell me which version is the latest version in either of them.

The attached image here explains why I guessed that it is probably the one to use. If I guessed incorrectly, I'll appreciate someone telling me I did it wrong.

ircdirk 08-11-15 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreelor (Post 310248)
Thanks everybody. I didn't realize this would get so confusing. I was merely trying to help by posting an error that happened to me. :D

I'm not sure that I understand exactly 'which' version to download and install; DEV or Master, (since nobody told me specifically which one to use). I went ahead and deleted everything related to Carbonite in my Downloads folder and I also deleted all Carbonite folders from my C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns folder. I'm going to download and install what appears to me as the most recent GitHub files for Carbonite-related modules and, that one is the current DEV version.

I think it's too bad that the GitHub does not use actual dates-times instead of rounding things by months. Both DEV and Master show the same "2 months ago" for many of the files. That doesn't really tell me which version is the latest version in either of them.

The attached image here explains why I guessed that it is probably the one to use. If I guessed incorrectly, I'll appreciate someone telling me I did it wrong.

U can see changes here: https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/compare/DEV, there u can see those 3 commits that DEV is AHEAD of MASTER. Not many changes but there are some ;)

Rythal 08-11-15 01:25 PM

and the dev version may have bugs since I have not been able to look over the libguildbank to see if it needs the changes made to it that are in the live versions.

ircdirk 08-11-15 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 310259)
and the dev version may have bugs since I have not been able to look over the libguildbank to see if it needs the changes made to it that are in the live versions.

There is pull request for updating libguildbank and ace3 ;)

Rythal 08-11-15 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ircdirk (Post 310263)
There is pull request for updating libguildbank and ace3 ;)

Yeah, the libguildbank i'm using was modified to remove the problems and errors when you were not in a guild, so if it's been updated I'll need to either make those same fixes / test if the bugs still exist in the new release.

Hopefully I can afford a new computer soon so I can get back into things, The money I had saved for it just went down the drain when my employer decided I need to move. Moving date is this upcoming Tuesday then I can go back to working on replacing the dead PC.