WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New user coming back to wow.. find my addons thread! (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52168)

Jynks 04-07-15 10:29 PM

New user coming back to wow.. find my addons thread!

Hi guys... yes another "hey you remember an addon that did...." thread for a user coming back to wow after nearly a 2 year break.

I'm starting slow and can remember a few but there are some I can not remember and would love some help to find or new better versions of. I'll update this post with future requests, instead of starting new ones.

1) It was kind of a equipment compare mod. This one was cool as it translated the values into readable understandable things for us noob casual players. So in the tooltip on mouse over you would see you current equipped as well as the one in your bag and also see green or read values. Is +hit better than +crit... this was kinda there to help you with that decision. Anyone know what that was? It sorta put all this extra info about what happens when you change your item.

2) I used to run a mod that allowed me to change the cast bar easily... any idea? It also allowed you to have icons for long cooldowns on it as well I remember.

3) I used to run a mod to track HOTS. They appeared like a list of raid bars you could size. That counted down to falling off so you could recast.

4) Red Range and Cooldowns that made the entire icon red when out of range and put big text counters on the buttons as they were on cooldown are both showing as "outofdate" is there alternitives or should I not care about that?

5) I was sure I could drag frames where ever I wanted? Was that a mod? Like the map window or quest dialogue.. etc etc

Ekaterina 04-07-15 11:35 PM

I think that 5) is Fluid Frames.
For number 4) Try TullaRange and TullaCooldownCount

Fizzlemizz 04-07-15 11:43 PM

For 1) Pawn is probably the best current EquipCompare replacement.

2) Quartz was probably what you used.

4) If you weren't using Dominos or another action bar addon then maybe TullaRange.

5) MoveAnything maybe?

Jynks 04-08-15 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz (Post 308008)
For 1) Pawn is probably the best current EquipCompare replacement.

I still have tio hold down shift to get the compare happening.. is there a blizzard way to force the compare to always show.. kinda like setting auto loot?

Seerah 04-08-15 07:16 PM

EquipCompare hasn't been updated in years, so try this one instead: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/moncaicompare

Emy 04-09-15 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jynks (Post 308006)
1) It was kind of a equipment compare mod.
2) I used to run a mod that allowed me to change the cast bar easily... any idea?
3) I used to run a mod to track HOTS.
4) Red Range and Cooldowns
5) I was sure I could drag frames where ever I wanted?

Just my preferences, of course, but:
1) Tekkub's TekKompare works well and takes up almost no memory
2) Not something I use, sorry, but I remember Quartz being worthwhile.
3) TellMeWhen is easy to use, or WeakAuras2 if you are willing to put some effort into setup (once you know it it's REALLY easy)
4) Tulla's mod as linked above is very good (TullaRange)
5) FluidFrames finally died with Warlords, but I found Sorha Frame Drag works almost identically.

Jynks 04-10-15 12:44 AM

thanks guys.. is there a option in interface now to auto show the compared tooltip.. kinda like autoloot? As even with mods installed (I have treid all three listed here) I still need to hold down shift when mousing over an item.

Jynks 04-13-15 12:06 AM

I'm still looking for a cooldown addon.

The one I used to use was kind of like a bar that was on the screen you could resize and stuff. Each cool down had a icon that would slowly move down the bar. When it hit the end it would kind of scale and fade making the icon do a very clear pulse when it is ready top recast.

This is slightly different to a DoT tracker.

EDIT Found it... FoteXorcist.... but all the comments say is long not maintained... anything like that?

EDIT2 - Found a mod called "CoolLine" that dose the same thing... neat!

Just one question.. I asked on the comment page but thought I would cross post here!

Quote:

cool... cooline is what I am looking for!

Is there a way to make it completely invisible? So the icons just move along the line, but there is no visual line?

jeffy162 04-13-15 09:49 AM

None that I could find. If you change the active opacity it all changes, the icons too. Maybe SexyCooldown2-FANUPDATE (or some other cooldown addon) would be more in line with what you want. (I looked and it isn't up-to-date, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't work. I used to use it but decided that I didn't need a "cooldown bar" in my UI.)

Seerah 04-13-15 10:37 PM

Use a blank texture for the bar.

Jynks 04-14-15 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 308153)
Use a blank texture for the bar.

ahh, I see.. yeah go to the texture and font COLOUR tab and drag the opacity slider there.