WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Suggestion Box (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Autoshoot for hunter (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28806)

vblars 11-30-09 03:56 PM

Autoshoot for hunter

I just love your Nui addons.

I would like a Autoshoot bar for hunter. :)

vblars:)

Vis 11-30-09 05:54 PM

What do you mean by an "Autoshoot Bar"?

voodoodad 11-30-09 11:24 PM

Stop me if you've heard this one...

A priest, a druid and a shaman walk into an autoshoot bar....

No? never mind then...

Xrystal 11-30-09 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoodad (Post 167586)
Stop me if you've heard this one...

A priest, a druid and a shaman walk into an autoshoot bar....

No? never mind then...

*rolls eyes*

voodoodad 11-30-09 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 167589)
*rolls eyes*

Gimme a break here... I'm out of practice in making my off-topic remarks..

MidgetMage55 12-01-09 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoodad (Post 167590)
Gimme a break here... I'm out of practice in making my off-topic remarks..

Slacker!! :D

vblars 12-01-09 05:56 AM

Hi.

I mean like Kharthus's Hunter Timers so we can see when we are going to fire ours auto shot.

vblars

Xrystal 12-01-09 06:20 AM

Unless Scott wants to incorporate something similar, mainly due to him having a hunter, you should find that the addon you mention will work fine alongside nUI. If there are problems let us know what they are in case they are resolvable.

Vis 12-01-09 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vblars (Post 167610)
Hi.

I mean like Kharthus's Hunter Timers so we can see when we are going to fire ours auto shot.

vblars

I'm just curious, but why do you want to see when auto shot will fire?

Just last night I had a conversation with a Guildy about this very thing. He was unaware that changes had been made to the way Hunter's shots were used and timed and that Auto Shot could no longer be "clipped" by using Arcane/Steady/Serpent/ etc etc. Auto Shot can only really be stopped or interrupted from firing by constantly moving around and of course by clearing your target. It was a nice change Blizz made awhile back.

vblars 12-02-09 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vis (Post 167679)

Just last night I had a conversation with a Guildy about this very thing. He was unaware that changes had been made to the way Hunter's shots were used and timed and that Auto Shot could no longer be "clipped" by using Arcane/Steady/Serpent/ etc etc. Auto Shot can only really be stopped or interrupted from firing by constantly moving around and of course by clearing your target. It was a nice change Blizz made awhile back.

That I wasn't aware. I've recently had a year off and just started again. That was before Wrath of the Lich King, so if any changes were made I do not know anything about it. And I begin to find out that there are many changes that I know nothing about.

I am accustomed to have auto shoot and therefore want to use it again. But why have other addons have not removed it ?

Perhaps it is not necessary any more. But I would like to see it anyway and we do not know if Blizzard go back to the old system again. So it's a good idea if you move a lot to stop at the right time to auto-shoot. This is the best way to use it.:)

vblars

Petrah 12-20-09 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vblars (Post 167795)
That I wasn't aware. I've recently had a year off and just started again. That was before Wrath of the Lich King, so if any changes were made I do not know anything about it. And I begin to find out that there are many changes that I know nothing about.

A nice place to get caught up on Hunter stuff, but I don't recommend posting there. While they are rather snooty and can be fairly mean, those math nerds know how to theorycraft!

http://elitistjerks.com/f74/

Pollox 12-21-09 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vis (Post 167679)

Firstly, I want to say hello to everyone. I've only been using nUI for a couple of weeks now and am loving it.

Secondly, I use the autoshot timer in battlegrounds. I'm usually constantly in motion, but will pause just enough to let the autoshot fire and then start running again. While I haven't made it into raids on my hunter, I've read that the same usage can be applied there. It is just a way to keep up a little dps while still moving out of the fire.

vblars 12-27-09 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollox (Post 171296)
Firstly, I want to say hello to everyone. I've only been using nUI for a couple of weeks now and am loving it.

Secondly, I use the autoshot timer in battlegrounds. I'm usually constantly in motion, but will pause just enough to let the autoshot fire and then start running again. While I haven't made it into raids on my hunter, I've read that the same usage can be applied there. It is just a way to keep up a little dps while still moving out of the fire.

exactly my idea with this thread.

vblars

spiel2001 12-30-09 11:56 PM

I'll keep this in mind for nUI6.