WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Quickcasting "thing" (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11762)

WaldoJeffers 08-15-07 03:21 PM

Quickcasting "thing"

There was a mod i stumbled across a while ago that was to do with quickcasting spells via macros i think it was. It did something along the lines of " speeding the downtime between spell casts if you have bad latency(I'm not requesting some funky "fix your latency gadget" " ie. for a mage Frost Nova followed by Cone of cold takes some time to trigger off the Cone of cold. This mod/macro(perhaps) should make the coneofcold release almost instantly after the frost nova. I see it in mage pvp vids alot. Thats a tragic description I know :mad: But I'd like to get it. Thanks.

Dreadlorde 08-15-07 03:34 PM

/cast sequence Frost Nova (Rank 5); Cone of Cold (Rank 5)

I don't think mods can do that anymore.

My macro might now work btw. And you'll have to press for each spell.

robthedude 08-15-07 03:37 PM

except you spelt Nova wrong :P

Dreadlorde 08-15-07 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robthedude
except you spelt Nova wrong :P

I never spell any thing wrong..what are you talking about :p :o

I fixxord it.

WaldoJeffers 08-15-07 03:47 PM

Got it! woohoo :D

Kaomie 08-15-07 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qynova
Got it! woohoo :D

Are you sure it still works post-2.0?

WaldoJeffers 08-15-07 03:58 PM

aaaaand it's outdated. yeehaa :mad:

Dreadlorde 08-15-07 04:55 PM

If you use quartz, it has a latency plug in, so with knowing your casting latency you can know when to cast faster.

Dylen 08-15-07 05:50 PM

Get the Quartz addon.

Quartz will add a little area to the end of the castbar that measures the lag on the PREVIOUS cast. If your lag is spikey, it won't work as good, but you do get a feel for it.

So you install Quartz, then make a macro like this:

/stopcasting
/cast Fireball

The stop casting thing aborts your cast and starts a new one.

So, now you watch your Quartz cast bar, when the bar fill to the lag like (usually .2-.3 secs before it reaches the end), you hit the macro. On YOUR end it stops casting the fireball and starts a new one. One the SERVER side, you are .2-.3 behind, so you spell is actually already done and htre new cast is accepted.

The fact is, MOST spells take .3 longer to cast because of the lag. By using the stopcast macro along with Quarts, you can take a BIG chunk out of that .3.

One last item to note, if you hit your macro to soon so still abort the spell and start recast so if you do that you LOSE a lot of time.

Don't worry though, after about 15 mins of use, you will have a GREAT feel for it and you could probaboy actually disable Quartz and STILL have a feel for when to hit the macro.

Hope this helps (and my explanation wasn't to messed up)

-Dylen

WaldoJeffers 08-16-07 02:29 AM

Your explanation was fine , I shall try this, thanks!

WaldoJeffers 08-16-07 02:33 AM

Hey here's a video that describe's what i was talking about all in a few seconds.Frostbold+Cone of Cold at 1 minute and also 1:15

JRCC 08-16-07 03:30 AM

Theres also Rapid Cast which will work with the majority of casting bar addons (Appart from Bongos CastBar).