WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Quest Minion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135)

Marvin 01-20-05 11:26 AM

Quest Minion

Can you release a standalone QM that's not dependent on Cosmos, Svarten? Thanks for your time

Dither 01-20-05 12:11 PM

vjeux released one, but it is still extremely buggy, and causes lockups at times/doesn't remember quest items sometimes. Would like to see someone tackle this from a fresh start rather than use existing code, because its quite a mess at the moment.

Cide 01-20-05 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dither
vjeux released one, but it is still extremely buggy, and causes lockups at times/doesn't remember quest items sometimes. Would like to see someone tackle this from a fresh start rather than use existing code, because its quite a mess at the moment.

Might create one for CTMod if the interest exists :).

Svarten 01-21-05 01:38 AM

I am currently hoping Kilguren's version will get stable at some point...

Not gonna put more work into the QM deal, since I know how to get around the problems with the current one... I just can't bother puting time into that project when tons of others are already.

Kilguren's QM is actualy pretty stable, the only problem with it is a wierd crash when first creating the variables, and the problem only occure sometimes. And after the initial configuration it works flawlessly for all times on that character.

/Svarten

guice 01-21-05 01:02 PM

I just brought over Sea with it. Sea is just a centralized location for libraries and shouldn't cause any additional problems.

Works like a champ.

Marvin 01-22-05 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guice
I just brought over Sea with it. Sea is just a centralized location for libraries and shouldn't cause any additional problems.

Works like a champ.

Could you post a link with all the stuff zipped up? Thanks!

Random 01-22-05 12:25 PM

so did somone make a stand alone quest minion that shows the lvls and difficulties and then lets u do the lil mini thing like in cosmos?

Random 01-22-05 12:38 PM

I found this on the UI forum at WoW.com

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...mp=1#post10734

guice 01-22-05 11:05 PM

I don't have time to post any zips, but if you had Cosmos installed, just grab the 'QuestMinion' and 'Sea' directories and move/copy them over to your new Interface/AddOn folder.

vjeux 01-24-05 12:09 PM

My new version of the Quest Minion (QM2) is extremly buggy, i don't have the will to fix it, if anyone wants to modify it, he is welcome :)

bogey 01-27-05 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svarten
I am currently hoping Kilguren's version will get stable at some point...

Not gonna put more work into the QM deal, since I know how to get around the problems with the current one... I just can't bother puting time into that project when tons of others are already.

Kilguren's QM is actualy pretty stable, the only problem with it is a wierd crash when first creating the variables, and the problem only occure sometimes. And after the initial configuration it works flawlessly for all times on that character.

/Svarten

Iam using his version... But when i finish a quest it gets overflow error, it doesnt remove it from the quest minion and plus under the quest log is shows a checkmark with no quest beside it like it tried to remove the completed quest but failed... did you fix this also? if so could you post your fix? quest minion is like a must have :)

Svarten 01-27-05 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogey
Iam using his version... But when i finish a quest it gets overflow error, it doesnt remove it from the quest minion and plus under the quest log is shows a checkmark with no quest beside it like it tried to remove the completed quest but failed... did you fix this also? if so could you post your fix? quest minion is like a must have :)

Actualy no, I reverted back to an old version riped from early cosmos. Don't have any fancy switches but it does the wrok without errors :)

/Svarten

abc836 01-27-05 11:05 AM

Would love to see QM as part of CTmod. That's the only thing I miss about cosmos, but its not enough for me to keep it around, Cosmos is WAY too bulky for my tastes. The standalone version does indeed have too many bugs as well. So if you could get it included it would be awesome.