WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Text replacer (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16154)

Llivavin 05-02-08 09:02 PM

Text replacer

Due to my uhhh, general hatred towards people who use U instead of You and R instead of R i was wondering if anyone knew of an addon that replaced em?

Tweeker 05-02-08 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llivavin (Post 90257)
Due to my uhhh, general hatred towards people who use U instead of You and R instead of R i was wondering if anyone knew of an addon that replaced em?

prat has a feature "aliases" that does it.

Llivavin 05-02-08 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweeker (Post 90259)
prat has a feature "aliases" that does it.

I don't want to get a whole addon just for that, i'm happy with phanx

spiritwulf 05-02-08 11:32 PM

Quote:

wth wha r u taklin bout nuttin wrong wit da way peeps r typin an u r jus as bad i c u usin "em" in ur post so u r not ne better so stop ur qq an learn to accept cuz der aint nuttin rong wit dis cept if u r lik Monk an everytin has 2 b perfect imho

:D:banana::banana::banana::D

Llivavin 05-03-08 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiritwulf (Post 90267)
wth wha r u taklin bout nuttin wrong wit da way peeps r typin an u r jus as bad i c u usin "em" in ur post so u r not ne better so stop ur qq an learn to accept cuz der aint nuttin rong wit dis cept if u r lik Monk an everytin has 2 b perfect imho

:D:banana::banana::banana::D

:mad:
*stabs*

Kaomie 05-03-08 12:42 PM

This reminds me of some headlines in the news last week related to the phenomenon.
One of the articles here:
Quote:

Twenty-five percent of teens surveyed said they used emoticons in school writing and 38% said they used text shortcuts or abbreviations.
If it is reaching school papers, I guess you really want that addon in WoW :confused:

tralkar 05-03-08 01:01 PM

wanttomakeeverthingrunfastjustdontaddanycapsspacesspellingpunctuations

Llivavin 05-03-08 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaomie (Post 90300)
This reminds me of some headlines in the news last week related to the phenomenon.
One of the articles here:
If it is reaching school papers, I guess you really want that addon in WoW :confused:

I am in high school >.>

>.>

i pretty much hit people when they ask me to read there papers and they have

>.>

also tralkar, that makes no sense at all.

Petrah 05-03-08 04:53 PM

Quote:

i was wondering if anyone knew of an addon that replaced em?

Quote:

I don't want to get a whole addon just for that, i'm happy with phanx

Uh, U asked 4 an, uh, addon, then U, uh, say U don't wan't, uh, an addon?

Uh, U could, uh, write your, uh, own.

Arabeth 05-03-08 06:06 PM

Trinity Chat 2 does exactly that! There are built in filters but you can extend them. It does other kind of filtering as well.

I used Prat until recently when I switched to Chatter which I think partners Trinity Chat quite nicely.

Llivavin 05-04-08 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arabeth (Post 90312)
Trinity Chat 2 does exactly that! There are built in filters but you can extend them. It does other kind of filtering as well.

I used Prat until recently when I switched to Chatter which I think partners Trinity Chat quite nicely.

Used chatter/Trinity....
actually.. trinity faild guild chat ._.

Maul 05-07-08 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llivavin (Post 90333)
Used chatter/Trinity....
actually.. trinity faild guild chat ._.

In Trinity Chat, you have to set the filters up by channel. The current 2.0 version is still a beta and options like copying settings from one channel to all channels is still in the works.

I mainly wrote TC for filtering, and believe me, I feel your pain :) I use the current beta version myself for all chats, including Guild.

Since it is a beta, if something is not working despite setting it up correctly, let me know and tell me the steps you used.