WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   feedback (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24070)

Elhana 05-27-09 03:34 PM

feedback

1) Auctioneer disappeared from the list after first launch
2) Minion clean up old updater stuff, so I had to restore backup to fix the mess
3) Option to hide logo, news and ad - make it appear at the start and let us close it until someone hacked it out completely.

atm old updater > minion

Elhana 05-29-09 12:51 PM

uhm, logo was easy - open jar with 7zip, find minion-beta-logo.png, open it with photoshop, make it 1x1 transparent and put it back into jar... make some more space in main window to play with

Cairenn 05-29-09 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elhana (Post 138889)
3) Option to hide ad - make it appear at the start and let us close it until someone hacked it out completely.

There is an option to hide the ad. Get a Premium membership. It's $2.50/month - $3.33/month, depending on the length you sign up for.

We have to pay our bills some how. One ad in the bottom right corner of the program really isn't that terrible, is it?

Sepioth 05-29-09 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elhana (Post 138889)
1) Auctioneer disappeared from the list after first launch
2) Minion clean up old updater stuff, so I had to restore backup to fix the mess
3) Option to hide logo, news and ad - make it appear at the start and let us close it until someone hacked it out completely.

atm old updater > minion

Is the ad really that annoying?? I never understood why people hate ads so much .. especially the ones that are not that intrusive (like the Minion one). People need to pay their bandwidth bills somehow :)

Also I hope and pray that you do not plan to EVER use a hacked version of the Minion that will remove the ads. Doing so is a pretty low thing to do.

Yhor 05-29-09 05:30 PM

I hate ads a lot. I mean really, a lot. I took steps to remove the ads AND support my favorite website (well, favourite like chocolate>vanilla :p). I feel it's a win-win. Plus, you get other 'perks' that I now take for granted, but is enough to keep me being a supporter as long as I use the site.

Elhana 05-30-09 03:38 AM

Well, it is not displayed anyway since I run win2003 server and it has initial extreme security settings so I have to approve every website I am visiting in IE. Since I use Firefox I never bothered to disable this setting.

Still, remove logo, it is HUGE. Put it in Help-About somewhere or make a splashscreen with it, why should I have a logo taking half of my screen and making Addon list even smaller.

Removing adPanel is as easy as deleting some file or patching few bytes, but as long as the old updater works I cba hacking into new one since old does everything I need - updates badboy every few days :)