WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Merge Tooltip (TipTac + Auctioneer) (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48534)

jjforums 11-18-13 06:17 PM

Merge Tooltip (TipTac + Auctioneer)

Hello, is there a way to merge Auctioneer tooltip with TipTac like Enchantrix does?

Thanks!

Phanx 11-18-13 11:24 PM

You'd have to modify the Auctioneer code to add its lines directly to the GameTooltip, instead of creating a separate tooltip object and adding its lines to that. Enchantrix doesn't actually care (or know) that you're using TipTac; it's just adding its lines to the standard GameTooltip object, and TipTac is modifying the appearance of the GameTooltip.

jjforums 11-19-13 12:04 AM

Is there a reason not to add these codes to the gametooltip?

Thanks.

ravagernl 11-19-13 12:23 PM

Quote:

TipTac does not only configure the tip for units, you can also use TipTac to modify other tips in the WoW Interface. The way they are getting modified are both in scale and appearance. The border and background of the modified tips can be changed to colors of your desire. You can disable this appearance change by disabling the option "Hook Special Tips" under the General tab of the options dialog. Currently these tips are getting modified, but you can add more if you wish by editing the "TipTac\core.lua" file. GameTooltip, ShoppingTooltip1, ShoppingTooltip2, ShoppingTooltip3, ItemRefTooltip, WorldMapTooltip, AtlasLootTooltip and QuestHelperTooltip.
You would have to figure out the name of auctioneers tooltip and add it to the list in referred file of above quote. As you can see AtlasLoot and QuestHelper are included, so it should be possible to add auctioneer.

Seerah 11-19-13 04:13 PM

The question wasn't to modify the appearance of the Auctioneer tooltip attachment, but to move than info into the GameTooltip instead.

Phanx 11-19-13 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjforums (Post 287138)
Is there a reason not to add these codes to the gametooltip?

An addon may want more features than the GameTooltip provides. For example, if an addon wants a tooltip with 3+ columns, embedded images or 3D models, more than one heading (a line of text that's larger), horizontal rules, background colors, etc. it will have to create its own (possibly using a library like LibQTip) because the GameTooltip doesn't support those things.

Another reason an addon might create its own tooltip would be to save space. I don't use Auctioneer, but based on the screenshots I've seen of its tooltips, I'm guessing this is why it adds a second tooltip instead of adding info directly to the GameTooltip. Imagine you're looking at the tooltip for a piece of BOE gear that already has 15 lines of text just for the item + 10 lines from RatingBuster + 5 lines from Enchantrix + etc. If Auctioneer goes ahead and adds its 15 lines of text to the GameTooltip, it's a very real possibility that the tooltip isn't going to fit on the screen anymore for some people. It's safer with that many extra lines to attach a second tooltip to the side of the GameTooltip instead.

Also, this allows Auctioneer to easily support tooltips that aren't the GameTooltip -- such as the tooltip for battle pets -- and don't support adding extra custom lines.

jjforums 11-21-13 04:47 PM

Thanks. The problem is, the tooltip generated by auctioneer doesn't match the layout used in tiptac, and I always show the tooltip, I wouldn't care to see the tooltip of auctioneer inside game tool tip...

Phanx 11-21-13 11:58 PM

If you can figure out what the name of Auctioneer's extra tooltip frame is, you can tell TipTac to apply your custom appearance settings to it:

Quote:

Special Tip Modification
TipTac does not only configure the tip for units, you can also use TipTac to modify other tips in the WoW Interface.
The way they are getting modified are both in scale and appearance. The border and background of the modified tips can be changed to colors of your desire.
You can disable this appearance change by disabling the option "Hook Special Tips" under the General tab of the options dialog.
Currently these tips are getting modified, but you can add more if you wish by editing the "TipTac\core.lua" file.
GameTooltip, ShoppingTooltip1, ShoppingTooltip2, ShoppingTooltip3, ItemRefTooltip, WorldMapTooltip, AtlasLootTooltip and QuestHelperTooltip.
(from the TipTac download page)

jjforums 11-22-13 11:36 PM

Tried to search but couldn't find... I'll try to contact auctioneer developers or change tiptac to default blizz style.

Thanks.