WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite: Quests Module (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Quest Log problem (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54099)

Casualagent 08-02-16 04:47 AM

Quest Log problem

2 Attachment(s)
Hello,
I'm from Germany and Carbonite is my favorite addon. Thank you it will be further developed. Here 2 screenshots of Legion Beta.

The quest window is on the live server too.

New! I have the saved variable deleted now runs it as far.
The Quest Window is so remained.

jeffy162 08-02-16 08:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the same problem with the quest log.
Attachment 8772

Xaemyl 08-15-16 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah I'm still getting the same "error." This is with the latest master as of a couple of hours ago.

Attachment 8781

But i'm patient. I imagine this is rather low priority at the moment. :)

jeffy162 08-15-16 06:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine. I installed a new Carbonite Master last night, because I saw that they made some updates to it.
Attachment 8782 The only thing I can see wrong with your quest log is the color of the text, and you can change that in Carbonite's options.

Xaemyl 08-15-16 06:40 PM

I'm referring to the parchment scroll texture on the right hand side. Before 7.0.3 dropped, that texture wasn't there at all. Maybe it's a vestige of the blizzard quest frame that cant be turned off for some reason?

Thrumbar 08-15-16 11:18 PM

The scroll texture is because of this line in the NxQuest.lua

5467 t:SetTexture ("Interface\\QuestFrame\\QuestBG", true, true)

Change that to

5467 t:SetColorTexture (.7, .7, .5, .7)

In other words

texture:SetColorTexture(r, g, b[, a]);
Arguments
r
Number (0.0 to 1.0) - Red component.
g
Number (0.0 to 1.0) - Green component.
b
Number (0.0 to 1.0) - Blue component.
a
Number (0.0 to 1.0) - Alpha component (1.0 is opaque, 0.0 is transparent). The default value is 1.0.

Will remove the scroll texture and make the background a solid olive grey. :banana:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xaemyl (Post 317935)
I'm referring to the parchment scroll texture on the right hand side. Before 7.0.3 dropped, that texture wasn't there at all. Maybe it's a vestige of the blizzard quest frame that cant be turned off for some reason?

jeffy162 08-16-16 07:09 AM

Hmmm....... Y'know, I just never even noticed that. My apologies Xaemyl, and Thank You, Thrumbar, for giving us the "fix" for it. But, I think I'm going to leave my Carbonite alone, because, like I said: "Y'know, I just never even noticed that.". Plus I use a "custom" skin set-up for my Carbonite, so, I just don't think it's worth it to me.

ircdirk 08-16-16 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrumbar (Post 317943)

Change that to

In other words

Arguments
r
g
b
a
Number (0.0 to 1.0) - Alpha component (1.0 is opaque, 0.0 is transparent). The default value is 1.0.

Will remove the scroll texture and make the background a solid olive grey. :banana:

Maybe in spare time ill add option for solid background (checkbox).

Xaemyl 08-16-16 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrumbar (Post 317943)

Change that to

In other words

Arguments
r
g
b
a

I set it all to 0.0 and all is inky black goodness. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy162 (Post 317953)
Hmmm....... Y'know, I just never even noticed that. My apologies Xaemyl, and Thank You, Thrumbar, for giving us the "fix" for it. But, I think I'm going to leave my Carbonite alone, because, like I said: "Y'know, I just never even noticed that.". Plus I use a "custom" skin set-up for my Carbonite, so, I just don't think it's worth it to me.

No problem. Chock it up to inadequate articulation on my part. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ircdirk (Post 317956)
Maybe in spare time ill add option for solid background (checkbox).

I know there's lots more to be done with maps and stuff, so I'm patient. :D Another cool thing/request would be to add an option to make the quests in the watcher be able to be right justified, but that's probably a pipedream at this point. lol

Rythal 08-17-16 12:12 AM

The background image was just me playing with stuff, the colour wheel for selecting background colour was always there... so now it is a checkbox option which one you want.