View Single Post
08-29-08, 03:36 PM   #45
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
You cannot force people to join-up just to download an addon either - that will just people using the site to a SIGNIFICANT degree...
I don't think anyone has mentioned this. Unless i missed a sentence somewhere, nobody has said anything about only registered users being able to download.

You CANNOT force people to rate the things they download without reducing the quality of the voting even more (Oh I have to vote do I? - 1 STAR then!)
This may be true, though I doubt that most of the community has the same feelings. Taking 10 seconds to click a few bubbles to rate an addon would not be (I feel) a big inconvenience as a way to show support for a community of authors that many members of the community would be lost without. However, you could be right. Maybe a popup window asking people to vote, rather than requiring it, may be better...more as a reminder than anything else. Speaking for myself, sometimes I don't vote, simply because I'm trying to get my addon downloaded and installed, and I just forget.