View Single Post
10-07-08, 06:08 PM   #35
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by PProvost View Post
A light deviation from the main topic of the thread, but one I've been pondering...

As a CurseForge author ("migrated" from Ace), I've been wondering about how I might automate my publication from CF to wowi.

Any thoughts from you guys about a way of enabling that? Something to make it easier for me to push updates to my addons to my wowi page for that addon?

Keep it manual for the first page (approval and all that), but being able to script up a publication when I release would enable me, the addon author, to put my stuff here as easily as it flows onto Curse.com.
The easiest way by far, is retain an SVN copy of your addons on the WoWI SVN, simply replicate your check-ins, use the "Make Zip" function, copy/paste release notes (if applicable) and push it live. Approval will still be required, but you shouldn't have to worry much about it.

That or either, manually upload the stable/published zip from Curse.

To the best of my knowledge there isn't an automated, make-it-all configuration file (yet), through Cairenn (maybe even Seerah/Shirik) can probably elaborate more on that.

P.S : Don't be lazy (no offense intended )
P.S2: Seerah beat me to it, God dangit !