View Single Post
10-11-08, 09:54 AM   #47
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
@kappe: if you don't understand why wowace went to curse, you haven't read the thread you are so eagerly posting in.

what's with the curse bashing anyways? no one forces anyone to use their service. it might not be best service out there and some might not agree with their business model, but hating them? i mean, don't you guys overreact a little? it's not as if they had stolen your wallet or were lying to you or something. get a grip on yourselves.

oh i forgot... it's "teh internet".
I can't answer for everyone else, only myself Several reasons why I dislike Curse.... their site is aweful (you would figure with so darn many programmers that they would take the time to make the site at the very least W3C compliant, but I suppose they couldn't be bothered) and hard to get around on. The entire site is every web designers nightmare. The pages take forever to load because there is so much unnecessary crap and bloat on every page. You have to make a bazillion clicks to download a single addon. Their reputation for security leaves little to be desired. I will not use their addon installer, for obvious reasons already listed here in this thread. Those are the reasons why I dislike Curse.

However, I had to stop and ask myself a very important question. The addon authors over there have no part in anything I've stated above, so why should my feelings or opinions about Curse as a whole prevent me from using their (the addon authors) wonderful addons? I had no answer to that, so I created an account over there and spent a few hours adding all of the addons that I use to my favorites list. I don't have to use their addon installer and am freely given the choice to manually download... which I will if and when the need arises. When I want to update a broken addon, I can simply log in and go right to my favorites.. bypassing all the bloated pages that I don't care to see.

Now, if they would fix the "lets make them click on a bazillion download buttons before we let them have the addon they need" then I will be happy..... maybe lol.