View Single Post
10-13-08, 11:18 PM   #32
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by ghostdance76 View Post
I am incredibly worried about losing my mazzle its the only way i have played for a long time. that being said i wish everyone workin on it luck i have no experience nor skill working on UIs. id donate cash to this project but im broke as all hell. anyways good luck and god bless mazzle.

I've lost Mazzleui more times than I can care to remember due to major and minor patches, as have many, many other long time users (likely you have too if you're a long time user). I LOVE this UI, but I don't love it enough to keep forking over cash every time it gets an update. Maybe it will be updated, maybe it won't; I just can't see continuing to support someone that 'feeds' off of other programmers to fix "their" ui, with little to no work (other than maintaining the portal). I've counted at least 50 thank you posts to Mazzle over the years I've used this ui, and every time I've donated to it (4-6 times) I've never once received a "thanks for your support" back (something I get from a few other authors I've donated to; even most corporations will give a thank you reply via email).

Good luck Mazzle, you really made a great ui. It's too bad that eventually most people will see through the tactics you use to keep feeding off this project while you are off in WAR or AoC or whatever the flavor of the week MMO is at the time. Why don't you think about the reasons most other authors won't touch your ui with a 10' Nat Pagles fishing pole. Would it be because of your controlling personality? Perhaps complaining in articles about people who attempt to help Mazzle users (who, at the time, had a broken ui) by asking your permission to work on something, and after no reply they use something from your derivative work only to get pounded by the community for theft (3 sides to every story, I'm just calling it like I see it)? I guess I could be wrong on all accounts; you could be a saint that shares the profits with the people that work on the bugs (breaks) this ui suffers from after most patches, but by reading through the posts that I've come across, this isn't the case.

*Sorry for any grammatical errors and/or hostile nature. This isn't an attempt at trolling, just a very unsatisfied customer expressing his right to customer feedback.