View Single Post
10-22-08, 10:32 AM   #40
Taffu
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cladhaire is absolutely correct.

But, I think the thing that bugs most users is that the devs on ui.worldofwar.net seem more intent during the initial hours of a security breach return-slinging mud at the users on their forums and firing back with "It's ok/Don't worry" rather than immediately (regardless of immediate "testing/scanning" of their servers) putting notices & possibly shutting down the ability to download the suspected AddOns.

I personally was breached from an AddOn from worldofwar.net back in the day (Benecast) that resulted in the loss of everything my wife & I's accounts had. I think users/players simply expect a little better of a turnaround & attitude from the site devs in regards to the situation. Sure, someone might seem out of hand with spamming the forums and whatnot regarding the issue, but among the camaraderie with the AddOn/UI Community, we're simply looking out for one another by informing folks through the most immediate way we know how. The users cannot post the news or shut down the AddOns in question...so they resort to Comments/Forums/Etc. to get the news out. Each time this has happened, I think the community as a whole has been more judgemental not that it happened in the first place, but in how the situation was handled.

Just my 2 cents on the subject...