View Single Post
11-25-08, 04:04 PM   #43
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by ibnuts View Post
I see your point, but I don't think people could ask you to "remove their addon" when you're not charging for it. What I proposed was to charge only for the Mazzifier/Mazzle-coded addons. The rest could be hosted in a free pack here or wherever else. Zygor works with TomTom and Mapster/Cartographer, which seems to be a valid comparison, so I don't think this is really an issue. Even if it were, the other addon authors wouldn't be earning money for their work, so they probably wouldn't have the means to litigate :lol: Seriously, though, I can check with a friend who's a copyright/patent attorney if Mazzle/someone else even responded on these suggestions.
MazzleUI and any other addon part of the MazzleUI compilation is all in "donation" basis.

When there was talk about MazzleUI becoming a "paid addon", no doubt an author of X addon would want their addon removed. The main thing there is that MazzleUI is a compilation of addons. Mazzifier is AFAIK the only true unique addon. Some of the addons were changed by Mazzlefizz to accomodate the Mazzifier I believe. Do tell me if this is not true.

Carbonite addon is AFAIK not a compilation of addons. It does have implementation that mimic X addon or at least the concept. I believe the term is integration. Lots of Carbonite addon users have asked if Carbonite can do X or Y and the Carbonite addon developers do try to implement them if it follows the overall concept of the addon. AFAIK, Carbonite is a quest/map addon with inventory management.