View Single Post
11-28-08, 12:02 AM   #49
Heracy
A Defias Bandit
Usually, when someone says something stupid, I just ignore it and go on with my life. But, this one time, I feel obligated to say something.
My brother (Trole, Nazjatar) is a hunter. He is one of the most hard-core raiders I have ever seen. He uses vanilla everything, and very few other mods besides omen and recount. Hell, he still uses the good old hunter macros. The point is, you definitely do not need a mod to play this game. I wish Mazzle would come back and tell everyone who is quitting wow or whatever because they don't have his mod that they are being stupid.
Believe me, I loved MazzleUI as much as the next guy. But, when it broke, I moved on, and discovered the joys of configuring my own UI. Better yet, I eventually found a full UI mod of completely original code which works well for any class (NUI). But to pay for it? The best part of any addon is that the person didn't make it for money, he or she made it because they saw a problem, and they wanted to fix it, not only for themselves but for everyone. They help the common good. That's the way it should be. Addon authors are the arguably most important part of the wow community. They deserve a lot of credit. But, if they decide to start charging for their products, I would rather go without them.
Thanks for reading my rant. G'day everyone.