View Single Post
11-30-08, 08:57 AM   #60
manix
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vyper View Post
Whoops! You'd think I'd have noticed that! Actually running ATI may be the majority of your problem (not that I'm saying NVIDIA is a better card). Last I used ATI (which was about a year ago so things may have changed), their Linux support was extremely poor, vs NVIDIA which puts in the effort to ensure that the card runs just as well under Linux as windows.
Since they opened their specification and other things, they did a lot of work on their driver implementation and now I must say it is good driver.

Originally Posted by Pikestaff View Post
Yes indeed, I have tried every Kubuntu version since 6.06, and every Kubuntu version post-6.06 has simply not worked with my wireless card. I've even put a couple days of hackery into some of my attempts to try to get them working, but to no avail. It is a conundrum =P
What did you try, I was having some problems with my wireless and managed to run my wireless in few different ways. NDIS way it worked with no problems, but i wanted native driver and after last kernel release I found one for my laptop(realtek 8187b i think) and on my desktop PC it is broadcom chip, Ubuntu find and install it ok. On other distros got both working too np.