View Single Post
12-25-08, 08:33 PM   #12
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
As for the encryption, I have offered to give the source for my addons to the sites file moderators.
In general we prefer not to accept things like these -- especially in the case of executables, the source code given to us has the potential to not be the same as the actual uploaded file.

If the need arises (as it does in executables always), we have several ways to verify the security of uploaded files. Without going into detail about what we do, we have two people, myself included, that specialize in testing and "tearing apart" software to ensure it is safe. With regards to executables, we go as far as fully disassembling the file and checking all of the system calls it makes (and for this reason, we do not allow compressed or encrypted executables here -- note the word "executable" and that a Lua file is not executable).

Whether or not it will be done for these files I cannot say right now -- currently I do not see the need for it, however if such a need arises everyone can rest assured that the security of our users is our top priority.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/