View Single Post
01-01-09, 04:33 PM   #2184
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First let me say Spiel that none of this is meant as criticism and i hope you dont take it that way. I am simply providing feedback from my own perspective of things that could be improved in the Ui. You may find it useful or you may not and whatever path you decide to follow is of course entirely up to you. I think what you are doing and attempting with this Ui is wonderful. Keep up the good work.

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Buff you have cast on yourself or another player are colored green to indicate that they are yours. Debuffs you cast on a target are colored red to indicate that they are yours. Both coloring schemes seek to differentiate your (de)buffs from everyone elses in parties and raids.
Ok i can definately see the thought and logical thinking that went into that. And there could be a great advantage to having such a feature for the target especialy in raid situations where for example you might have multiple of one class throwing a dot on the target and needing to know if yours landed successfully and is active. The downside to this is that in the environment where you want it most is the very environment where it is least likely to function. In a 25 man raid or the now almost non existent 40 man for example it is quite possible to have so many dots on a mob that you cant even view them all. But still a great idea. I would say you could do without it on the self buff frame simply because for example I know my druid isnt likely to have cast Arcane Brilliance on himself. And that green tint is Fugly - thought maybe i had a disease the first time I saw it lol. Also the logic may be slightly faulty as it dosnt show wizard oil applied to a weapon as a green self buff for example.

I would like to see a screencap of this... the timers are under the aura buttons and do not overlap and timers on the action bars never stray outside the button area and are plenty large enough to be readable. What you're describing sounds like a bug or another mod interfering with the timers.
timers
Included a screenshot to show what i mean. This is a problem i ran into myself in several of my own Ui's and compilations and was never really successful in resolving to my own satisfaction. You can see where in the self buff frame where the buff timers are overlapping and become almost unreadable. The problem as i understand it from my own experiences has always been that the timers and the buffs are not considered in relation to each other, each being its own frame. ie modifying the size of one does not always alter the size of the other. To prevent overlap i often had to reduce the size of the timers. The downside to this was that the timers became so small that just reading them became difficult unless the buff icons were enlarged and spacing increased so that the size reduction needed on the timers became minimal. This is reproducable by myself running purely Nui btw. Maybe you will have better luck than me
The problem with the timers in buttons seems to be that when the timer runs down under 1min there is not enough display space for it to accomidate the timer. ie the button is capable of supporting only 2 characters. So while 3m/2m/1m works fine, seconds are not displayed correctly as they attempt to display 58s or in some cases decimal places and are reduced to 5... instead. Would it be possible to remove the tag for the seconds so it would display only 58 instead of 58s or is this another case of it being a blizzard issue and unresolvable?

[quote=spiel2001;113741]This cannot be helped. It's a function of how Bliz uses action buttons. There are 10 pages to choose from and it just so happens that Boomkins use all ten. For everyone else its a non-issue, but in the boomkin case, I'm afraid you just have to live with it. Sorry.[quote]

I kind of figured that was what the issue was. It is actualy correctable but not simply. Basicly you have to break out of the 12button 10bar mold to do it. This is normaly done using a bar mod such as Dominoes where you can reconfigure your bar sizes etc but isnt really feasable in Nui as it stands. I can live with it. If you ever get to the point where you are ready to put in the autobar-like feature i would suggest that the bottom right bar would be a good place for it.

The vehicle frame has already been addressed by other posters. It's also clearly addressed in the known-issues list... as is the issue with the UI Scale (which most users actually don't have a problem with -- only a select few)
Hmm... Dont see the vehicle frame issue listed in known issues. That is why i mentioned it, thought maybe it was just me and the screen res i was using or something. On my display it takes out most of the minimap, frames, and chat window. Any chance of a slash command for just plain disabling it? Im more than happy to stick with the action bars for vehicle operations atm. Imo it makes the ui practicly unusable when vehicle mounted.
I must be one of the few when it comes to the ui slider. I know its in the list but I HATE having my bags, bank, trade, etc windows eating up all my screen space everytime they are opened.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	badbuff.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	2158  
not for pleasure
but for survival