View Single Post
01-11-09, 01:09 PM   #2331
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Is anyone aware of vehicle based quests or activities where they NEED the Bliz vehicle menu bar?

I have done a ton of quests now that use vehicles (my month old hunter is level 76 now) and so far the only one I found that needed the pitch controls was the cannon quest in the DK starting area, I have yet to have found another one that even showed the pitch controls on the vehicle bar.

The only other feature of the vehicle bar I am aware of but have not implemented is the seats for other passengers in multiple passenger vehicles. Can anyone point me to a quest or activity that uses them and, better still, explain to me what purpose (if any) they serve?

I'm very seriously thinking about going ahead and hiding the Bliz vehicle frame as it seems to me that nUI is employing enough of the functionality that the Bliz frame really just isn't needed anymore.

Any and all feedback on issues, ideas, suggestions, etc. regarding vehicles and nUI would be deeply appreciated.
While I've never done any of the Wintergrasp quests, you might get lucky there. Perhaps a more PvP oriented person here can help out...

Also, if I'm not mistaken, there is also another quest which uses the vehicle pitch buttons in Borean Tundra. The name of the quest is "The Plains of Nasam" and it is given by Gorge the Corpsegrinder (found at 32,54 in Borean Tundra). The quest is only lvl 71, and you can obtain it at lvl 68.

There also might be another quest which I recall near Venomspite in Dragonblight. The quest is called "Spread the Good Word" and is given to you by Chief Plaguebringer Middleton (found at 77.7, 62.7). It's a lvl 72 quest which can be obtained at lvl 71. I cannot remember 100% if you could control the pitch of the vehicle as it's been a while since I've done it, but if I'm not mistaken you do control them.

Hope this helps Spiel!