View Single Post
02-23-09, 10:34 PM   #2858
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Semhirage View Post
Ok, tried the new 5.0.

O M G

I love it, every bit and piece of it, I even added clique and totally ditched grid. Theres only like 3 things that I would love to see, and I'd be totally happy with everything. (Btw, you weren't kidding about the healthrace bar. Its godly in pve as a MT, but zomg jawesome in pvp)
Thanks much for the kind word and I'm really glad you gave the health race bar a chance... once you get your head around that bar, you almost don't need health bars anymore. Now if I could just figure out a slick way to incorporate rage/mana/power into that bar....

Now i'm not sure how difficult these things will be to implement, i'm thinking more as possible plugins, rather than de-facto, since not everyone will need/use them.

1) aggro warnings on the raid frames. This is hands down one of the primary reasons i used grid/clique. Especially for Sarth+3 it just got to be so easy to see the red frame around someone who wasn't in the tanks group, and click to taunt off them. (pally taunt FTMFW)
This is actually already built into nUI, just not enabled yet... it's in the nUI_UnitsFeedback.lua module. I am hoping to finish it and have it functional for this weekend's update.

For the benefit of those reading over our shoulders, this module is very powerful and is actually the engine that drives the damage and heal indicators in the battleground map. It has three parts...

1) a hit/heal indicator which uses the borders of a unit frame to show who is taking damage and what type of damage (physical=red, magic=blue, etc.) using flashes on hit and fade out.. so it actually shows all damage across the entire raid so you can quickly spot who is getting hit with what.

2) A disease/curse/poison/magic background coloring which alters the entire unit frame background color to blue, green, etc. which the player has a debuff on them indicating the class of the debuff. This color stays on the background until the aura expires or is cleansed.

3) Text feedback giving hit values, etc. This is not implemented in any of nUI's unit frames, as I find it personally annoying. But it will be available as an option in unit frames to show the damage a player is doing and taking and can, for example, be used as an overlay on the portrait.

These three things are all present in the module, just not 100% complete and not tested. As I said, with luck they'll all be part of the 5.0 unit frames with this weekend's update.

2) (smart) Decurse warning. Just some indicator on the raid frame if someone has a poison/curse/disease/magic effect that your class is able to remove. (Again combined with clique is amazing for not having to worry about yet another mod like decursive. just means i gotta pay more attention)
As the above points out, this is actually already coded, just not enabled. The trick I need to figure out is how to order them in priority if, for example, the player has both a magic and a disease on them and that sort of thing. For now it's kind of whichever one I see first in the aura list and that's not the most optimal way to do it.

Otherwise, after some mild stress testing in numerous bg's, and some more testing tonight in 10-mans. I hope to be able to say without doubt that since being able to drop a few addons, and the new design in nui, i'm stable as ever, and improved in fps even if just a little.

Outstanding job Spiel, simply outstanding.
Thats great news and thank you very much.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/