View Single Post
04-14-09, 10:23 PM   #308
Mithan
A Defias Bandit
No offense to Curse and WoW Interface, but I think you guys are going about this wrong.

Yes, the bandwidth is being stolen (and that is the only legitimate argument here) but you guys need to realize this is the internet and people are not going to care much about pleas on people's morality. Ask the Movie and Music Industry if you do not believe me....

That being said, I am a user of WOW Matrix:
Why do I use WoW Matrix?
Because it is DAMN GOOD at what it does.

And therein lies the answer.

Curse's Problem is easy to solve:
All they need to do is improve the Curse Downloader to be competitive and better to WoW Matrix. This can easily be done by telling the programmer to evaluate the software and make appropriate changes. If the programmer suffers from some superiority complex, fire him and find somebody who will make the Curse'd Software better.

As for WoW Interface, I don't know what to tell you guys. I love your site, but it becomes obsolete with a good downloader.

My advice is to perhaps work out a deal with WoW Matrix where you guys get full credit and traffic? Maybe they can even disable and forward the WoW matrix search function directly to the website. Hell, do that and you might even beat out Curse'ed.

Either way, both websites here are a victim of their success and are being taken advantage off based on real obvious weaknesses, that CAN be improved. For Curse'ed, it is the ****ty downloader (in comparrison), for WoW Interface, it is the lack of a downloader.