View Single Post
04-21-09, 08:57 AM   #685
Conclusion
A Murloc Raider
As a user who is caught in the middle of a tit-for-tat war between Curse Gaming, Wowinterface and Wowmatrix, I believe that the timing of this "fix" and "protection for authors" is fairly self serving to Curse and Wowinterface. To be perfectly honest, if I wanted to pay a monthly subscription fee for someone's "hobby" and freely available code, I would have done that starting 3 years ago when I began to play the game.

I believe it is going to be simply a matter of time before Blizzard Entertainment reigns in the addon sites as they have the developers as well and basically say that if you use our content on your pages, you cannot sell "subscription" services on top of what we already charge. This attempt to stiffle competition because they don't do what Curse and Wowinterface want them to do will ultimately lead to the downfall of both groups.

I realize that this opinion may get me banned on my first post, but I feel the need to echo the sentiments of other early posters in this thread that basically have said that the actions that the groups have taken this week (on all sides) are really in poor taste and judgment.

I guess if you are really losing money because your ads aren't being viewed (and clicked...because this is how ad based advertising works), you've got to go cry foul somewhere.