View Single Post
04-21-09, 10:37 AM   #692
Donnaterassi
An Aku'mai Servant
example

Originally Posted by LittleWhiteDove View Post
Note to Donnaterassi - From your signature "Does this bother anyone else as much as it bothers me? The owners of WoWInterface reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

The fact that they can does not bother me as much as you signature comment does. Your stressing of the word edit would seem to be implying that the WoWInterface forum moderators are editing posts to suit what they want people to see or read. Since every edit shows who edited it and when, I am very sure that type of behavior from anyone associated with WoWInterface would have long ago been brought to light and they would not be as respected by the community as they are.

I note that you have just registered on the site and wonder if you are just looking to vent or if you are out to try and create a problem where none exist. Either way I personally find your implication offensive.
Last item first. The fact that this is appearing on (or past) page 33 of a forum thread would seem to imply that some problem already exists, perhaps not the one you are implying, but a problem none the less.
Second, I would love to pretend that I have a super secret id that I am protecting by creating this forum id, but that is not the case, I have been a lurker like so many, I just needed to make myself heard. If you don't like what I have to say, skip my posts.

Far more importantly to me is my signature.

This forum, and all it's glorious bandwidth is owned by wowinterface and if they do not like what I have to say on their website they could (and perhaps they should) 1. shut me the hell up (IE remove my comment) or 2. drag my comment to a section where only certain people can see it (move it) or 3. lock it so no one can open it or add to it.

But the ability to edit is a powerful weapon. Removing limegreen font so people's eyes don't bleed is one thing. But Removing one WORD can change the entire meaning. That is what scares me.

Here is a stupid example>>>

I promise, am not giving you 100 game gold a day, MyLilPwny.
I promise, am not giving you 100 game gold a day, MyLilPwny.
becomes
I promise, am giving you 100 game gold a day, MyLilPwny.