View Single Post
05-09-09, 03:28 PM   #1251
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Jalandar View Post
Look, you don't have to believe me, to see that what I said was right. Cairenn herself already said that they had no choice but to do it at the same time Curse did, or it would have overburdened WoWI into being nearly shut down.

Her own words, facts.
Very much so. This is not disputed. Though i think one additional assumption is being made.

But just like we see in international relations, often you will find that an opposing side is more willing to negotiate and act after they had felt the impact of the hammer. And it was that type of overture, POST BLOCK, that I had suggested, and which would have let the air out of the sails of Curse and put WoWI in the more dominant position.
The assumption that WoWI is trying to be in a dominant position. Call me an old fashioned type of guy but i was never under the impression that it was the sites intent to be dominant but to provide services they deemed vital to a community they have a love for. Now i wont deny that personally id like to see the site as the number one site by what ever statistics track these things and in essence truly be the dominant site. Though to me its the one site i visit regularly. Help posters with issues and try to be part of the community as a whole in my own way. So to me it in essence IS the #1 site. Sure i get, i think its one or 2 addons from curse and even leave feedback as needed. But its the way this site is run that keeps me coming back.

As for offering after the hammer was down to see if it got their attention, while i feel it would have been a good time to try again i have to go off the feeling that the admins were just tired of it all and had no desire left to try. you can only get slapped in the face so many times before you finally walk away.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor