Thread: Concerning Yhor
View Single Post
05-17-09, 11:39 PM   #27
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thats the beauty of the concept in general. Its all about personal taste. For example for your average beginner any ol' kitten will do. I have discovered however that breed is a factor in hangtime, drag, elasticity as well as durability. There are other factors as well but these are key to a good punt.

Cornish rex's for example generally have no hair or extremely short hair so they tend to be great for distance although their rather lanky build isnt designed for long term use. They are more for exhibitions and artistic display.

While a good solid tabby is great for practice since they tend to be more durable and generally bounce (elasticity) like a superball. My punter of choice is a tabby. Had it for years though it tends to make less noise these days so im guessing the thrill is gone for ol' Fieldgoal.

A fellow competitor swears by a good black and grey striped calico cat. While i agree somewhat the striping tends to make me dizzy as they spin.

One breed to avoid would be Persians. The long hair kills your hangtime but the drag it creates is nice for flips and spins. They also dont bounce very well. Not to mention the dangers around a flaming hoop.

Pop on down to your local crazy cat lady and test a few out. Make sure to bring comfortable footwear and to stretch for a few minutes before going through your testing regimen.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor