View Single Post
05-31-09, 07:48 PM   #14
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by creaturelol View Post
I made the art myself
If your feeling brave and think you can recreate the look your after i would suggest starting from scratch.

Pick your image size for your template in a power of 2 (2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024) in any combination of the preceding numbers.

Once its ready click on layer (i use gimp so this is the same process) go to transparency and select add alpha channel. At this point i usually erase the white background since i tend to make rather geometric images so like the grid behind it not sure if its necessary or not. Now let the art begin!

When your done save it as a tga file if you with to just import it as is. Alternately you can save it as a .png file and use the app listed above to convert it to blp. WOW recognizes both .TGA and .BLP (blp being the native format.)

If you chose to save it as tga gimp will pop up a little dialog with some check boxes one mentioning RLE compression (uncheck this) and one about origin in the bottom left corner. Ive never unchecked that one so not sure what difference it makes.

That should do it. You should have a ready image with the transparencies where you want them. Granted im sure there are ways to save the work you've already done. In either case you know have a basic tutorial for future projects.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor