View Single Post
06-02-09, 04:11 AM   #1405
Jalandar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tristanian View Post
But pretty please, lose the "silencing" comments. We have not silenced anyone voicing his opinion, no matter how much we may (or may not) agree or disagree with it, provided he abides by the posting rules.
Sorry, Tristanian, but in this you are incorrect. This has already happened. I won't bother going into more details about it, yet again, but it most certainly has happened, and from the feedback I got when I went to the admins to be critical of how they do it, I was basically told that the method used is going to continue to be used regardless.

Completely silencing someone on this site is as easy as an admin changing a single tickmark, and then no one will see any of their comments, anywhere on the site, even in the addon comment sections. And, the user themselves won't even know they have been silenced because to them, their comments appear normally, they still see them, just that no one else does. This includes new threads, the user sees them, no one else does. Very insidious.

It's a very sleazy way of doing things IMO, but that's a discussion for another thread.

Just don't tell me it doesn't happen, it does.

Last edited by Jalandar : 06-02-09 at 04:15 AM.