View Single Post
06-06-09, 05:45 PM   #22
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
There's the rub. The addon in question has not broken any policies/TOU/EULA, so they can't really do that I wouldn't think.
The "official" site of the addon is promoting an activity that violates the Terms of Use for users. So, guilty by association. I myself am not calling for removal of the addon from any site. I am just saying that it could happen to maintain the integrity of the site in Blizzard's view.

The point of my post is "Why?". Why would an addon author do something that could potentially get Blizzard upset and thus perhaps spread to the official WoW Fan Sites (addon sites) having to remove their addon while also having the addon potentially blocked from loading? Whether people think it or not, Blizzard takes the whole gold selling business in a very, very dim view. Why poke a stick at the bee's nest?

If an addon author wants to be a rebel, so be it. If being a rebel messes with Blizzard's product in any way, shape or form, just don't be surprised at the backlash Blizzard may dish out. Blizzard has proven to not be shy in this regard.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]