View Single Post
06-12-09, 05:05 AM   #35
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Maybe kinda off topic .. But I beg to differ with this quote.. the "Can't read" or "Can't write" that you get in WoW Nine out of ten times its NOT related to your computer (well to the extent that you can fix it). This is just the devs saying so cause they can't figure out what is causing it on their side. I got this error sometimes and researched it a lot and most the times people reinstall WoW, CHKDSK , defrag , Format hell some even buy new computer parts (RAM , mobo , cpu , etc..) and they still get this error. I would have to think its a Windows --> WoW Conflict error or some way WoW tries to write something causes it.
We'll agree to disagree then. Everything I've posted I have learned from the support technicians (who are not devs) over on the official forum because I've volunteered there for the last year. That, and I've learned from personal experience regarding repeated file corruption.

Any game related error you get (error 131, 132, 134 etcetera) is due to either your software or hardware. Those error files are specifically designed by the devs to let you know that you have an issue with your computer. Those error files can tell you a lot, if you know how to read them.