View Single Post
06-25-09, 02:26 AM   #2
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've always had a big issue with Gold Farmers myself and still do from time to time. There have been a number of occasions where I would be meeted with an open trade box and several misc. items that I wouldn't have any interest in, followed by a whisper asking for a certain amount of gold from a level 1 toon with a name that makes absolute zero sense.

I wish they would implement what CCP (Eve Online) have done to deter people from buying gold off of illegal sites and then turn around and b**ch and complain about getting banned for it. For those that don't know, Eve Online allows you to spend say 35$ on what they call a "Plex". And what this "Plex" does is go up on the Market for a determined amount of ISK say, about 600-800 mill. But in the same turn about, people who buy up the Plex with ISK get free game time. So it's a win-win situation. No, it hasn't stopped the spammers in the game, however, CCP has implemented a legal way for people to make more money in the game and get free game time through means of the game itself.

If Blizzard could implement a similar solution to this problem, I'm sure that they would get more people hopping on the bandwagon. Then not many people would be willing to complain about not being able to afford that Epic Flying mount, or those level 80 non tier epics in the AH. It could really work in both theirs and the players favor.

Fear my Aim, for it be True, Swfit, and Deadly!