View Single Post
06-25-09, 05:46 PM   #17
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I was a submariner and before a person was qualified submarines (able to stand all of their watches unsupervised), they were a NUB.

Non
Usable
Body

They take up air and resources, and rarely earn their keep. I never liked the hazing much, but it built character, trust, and gave motivation. To some of the people in gaming, they may think of it in this manner... which is sad to compare a video game to some of the other real life engagements that have hazing involved.

As for elitists and snobs, I wish I was never told I was good, or joined a decent raiding guild, or a few other things that impaired my outlook on recruiting for a raiding guild... that was a hard job for me, to have to examine someone's pixels for the first stage of an "interview", for a damned video game. I would have much rather had based everything on personality, compatibility, etc.., but in WoW, raiding isn't always about having fun with friends; it was sometimes about seeing who was the best, could get the game/server firsts, or even about not wasting teammates time with people who were just "too far behind". Raiding was fun at first, until you surround yourself with people with their head up their arses, helping to push your head up your own...

Thank you Voodoodad for starting this thread, reminding me of just one of the reasons I _needed_ to leave WoW. There are other reasons, too, but to remind me to not be a jerk is a pretty good one.

On behalf of a few other jerks who got to be a jerk in the same way I did, I'm sorry.