View Single Post
07-01-09, 03:54 AM   #1
Seer
A Molten Giant
Memory 5.03.12 ?

Another thing, has anything changed in the way nUI allocates mem ?

When I was keeping track of mem usage nUI was rather stable at the 20mb to 25mb when soloing.

Today, after server restarts I noticed that framerates seemed to have improved, tho the game "holds" (usually when changing zones or nearing a "busy" spot, even most were deserted.

Looking at the mem usage I see nUI use mem rapidly, going from 16mb to 30mb upwards, dropping back to 16mb.

Don't mind the usage, it just seems a bit strange, AFAIK, nUI never gained mem so fast when soloing?

Funnily enough when the garbage collector kicks in it doesn't seem to cause the pauze.. (It really feels like the game just stops for a second, not like normal fps drops) Tho I guess that is unrelated to nUI, maybe SpellFlash as on the ptr it caused several errors or maybe related to the server reboot, everything was fine last night, tho I didn't watch mem usage.

/edit
disabled spellflash, seems to have solved the "pause"... nUI still keeps climbing and dropping fast :-s Seems to tick .20mb every second.

/edit2
Spoke to soon.. 2 "pauses", FPS doesn't drop, the game just seem to stop for a split second, nothing unusual happening, just riding a battlestrider through desolace.. Hm.. Had something similar a few weeks ago but then I was flying around in northrend and FPS did go down drastically..

/edit3
Now in Feralas, and frame rates do go down when the game "pauses".. Weird stuff, tho the landscape is "a bit" different, more ground objects, the framerate when stable is lower then in desolace..

Anyway, mostly curious about the mem usage, the "pauses" I'll figure out sooner or later... And last time it was also after the server restarts and that seemed to solve itself..

Last edited by Seer : 07-01-09 at 04:32 AM.