View Single Post
07-02-09, 03:55 AM   #57
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by nonameform View Post
Most of those UI changes make me think of some addons that already have those functions, so I don't really understand why discussing "borrowing" is off-topic. What else to discuss here?
I find the talk about "borrowing" is off topic as Blizzard does it for every patch that comes out. It's not new and it's really relevant to the title of the thread which is "PTR Patch 3.2.0 User Interface Notes". There were a few posts here that aren't really directly relevant to the changes in the UI in 3.2.

They could of been copied and pastied into say the "Curse & WoWI defend authors thread" and they would of been more relevant there.

Originally Posted by nonameform View Post
Those new UI commands might be very useful for addon authors, but this topic is in general discussion and I'm not an addon author. Can't really care less about them. Excited about the changes to UI as a simple WoW user, want to see them in action.
I don't happen to agree.

I think this thread will be useful to the addon authors who seek help in updating their addons.

I don't believe that having a seperate thread for addon authors to discuss the changes in the API is useful as it means the casual user will at the very least get informed about changes in their addons that might effect them. That and there is 2 other threads I linked in one of my first posts here that will suit that purpose just as well.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)