View Single Post
07-18-09, 10:28 PM   #29
Taralom88
A Kobold Labourer
Hmm.... what to say soo far....

Honestly, I've been a supporter of carbonite since before they had all the Burning Crusade quests updated, and i can honestly say it's been the single BEST add-on i've ever used, and the amount of updates that the author's took the time and effort to code for, is simply astounding. So thank you for that.

I was a little more than disappointed when i saw the new UI policy, and even more so when i realized that my favorite addon was going to be nerfed, if i could put it that way.

But i'm definitely happy to hear that the author's aren't entirely giving up on this, and i can't wait for future updates and what not

About what you guys were saying about making it open source, yeah, that would provide help for the author's but at the same time it just leaves way for someone to come in and take the code from it and pioneer an entirely new addon and essentially steal all of the effort that the author's put into Carb. And yeah, it sucks that it'll take a while for new versions to come out, but as has been said, this is far from being a flop, it's still thriving, so i say just deal with it and let the author's continue to hold on to the work that they created. Plus, this is no where near falling apart, the author's have just had a run of bad luck right now, and i'm sure things will be up and running in no time

Also, don't give them crap for following the new UI policy, and above everything else don't give them crap for not putting as much into this as they have. They are people! they aren't gods that can just live life without food and water, albeit, that's a major downer :P, but still, they need income just as all of you who are actually living outside of your parents houses' do. hopefully i'm talking to more than just the few who aren't leechers and actually care about the issue, but im sure that's just a shot in the dark.

i dont really know where i was going with this, but i wanna close with the statement that i love this addon thanks for keeping it alive for so long, and im more than anxious to see how far this continues.