Thread: Hacker Alert
View Single Post
07-21-09, 06:33 PM   #55
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
You sir, would be incorrect. A hacker/exploiter doesn't necessarily need admin access to do damage to your computer (or steal data, or even get in as an admin).

You seem to have a clue about things - please don't spread incorrect statements like this.
I think either I didn't put enough context or you might of taken it out of context.

On OS X the only know exploit in the wild requires admin access.

So I wasn't saying not having your main user an admin user would head off all known exploits. Just that it stops the exploits that depend on having admin access to do anything that has lasting damage (installing a keylogger at the hardwear / kernel / hardware abstraction layer level *)

* = not sure what they call it on the windows side. its the level that translates your keyboard commands into the computer at the Physical layer

<-------- I needs it !
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

Last edited by Bluspacecow : 07-21-09 at 06:57 PM.