View Single Post
08-18-09, 06:08 PM   #120
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by terracloud View Post
I was wondering if there was a way to combine spells and items that do the same general thing (teleport:xx, hearthstone, engineering items, dalaran rings). Is this possible, or is this something I'd have to get with a list of spell/item id's or another mod all together?
There is no way for an addon to categorize spells or items on an arbitrary basis like "rings purchased from a vendor in Dalaran" without having a huge database of all existing items and all possible arbitrary groupings. Libraries like PeriodicTable attempt to do this, and addons like the monstrously bloated AutoBar use it to provide the feature you describe, but it's really beyond the scope of an action bar addon to attempt to guess which items you'd like to group together.

Most of those groups you describe are fairly static (i.e. there are only so many teleport spells, and they aren't subject to change) so you should probably just buckle down and spend the 20 minutes it would take to set them up.

Originally Posted by Topless View Post
Still looking for a solution
Generally if settings are lost after you update an addon, there is no way to retrieve them, so there is no "solution". Your old settings are gone. Just redo them.