View Single Post
08-21-09, 06:13 PM   #28
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Syxx View Post
The Worgen look pretty neat but I'd don't play Alliance (Bleh).
holy cow (ugh, sorry)... Worgen as a playable race! and all i ever really hoped for was a solid endgame instance that featured them (though what constitutes an endgame instance is a continuously moving target). i just wanted to see more of them (and now it looks like that desire will be gratified; a whole start area full of them ). Worgen have been my favorite character models of any sort in the entire game, from day 0, since the Son of Arugal dry-gulched my first toon and Pyrewood Village was actually a dangerous place.

that fist-clenching/knuckle-cracking gesture they make is beautiful (hope they work that into the body language for the race; in fact, it deserves an emote).

going to be interesting. Tauren "used to be" my favorite race... i play a human in real-life, and honestly, what sane person wants to be one in an RPG? heh, don't go overboard on the whole day/night thing, i want fur 24/7.

so, this would be perfect, and i have no problem rolling new toons, except... i agree... having to go Alliance in order to access the race would be a terrible disincentive <shudder>

this speculation regarding a new faction would offer an ideal solution. "new" anything will be popular, looks like they plan on more discontinuous geography in this expansion anyway, faction transfers (assuming they kowtow and even allow them to the "new" races, to begin with) would then presumably be symmetric for both horde and alliance, and PvP might actually become... tolerable? (i don't know if i could use the word "interesting", that might go too far.)

dunno if Blizzard is that adventurous, but here's to their Alliance subscribers talking them into something like this.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"

Last edited by acapela : 08-21-09 at 06:15 PM.