View Single Post
09-18-09, 05:48 AM   #9
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Layrajha View Post
This is what I used to think, but I had a discussion with Haste like two years ago in which, if I remember well, he explained that he used something that iterated among un-named frames in order to play with the unit plates (I can't remember the exact name, but you know, these bars that show up above your enemy's head, if you've enabled them in the default UI). I cannot remember exactly how it was done and it was a long time ago so I may have just mixed things up, but I think it's possible anyway.
After thinking about it again and reading Seerah's example, I think it was just something like looping through the children of UIParent or WorldFrame, or something like this. As you create a frame with no parent by calling CreateFrame'Frame', this method wouldn't work.

The only way I can think of to gain access to this frame (without editing your code) would be to hook CreateFrame or one of the methods that you use on the frame, using an addon loaded before yours. I'm not sure how the hook would recognize your frame among the other frames created though. Using debugstack() would probably work?